GDT - NYR at Devils 3-21 7pm

Satans Hockey

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

The best was on the Henrique goal, the guy in the throwback Rags jersey in the front row behind the net slamming the glass in anger. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and the double birds from them too, it's like 'yeah, he's hurt by you giving him the finger, have fun wishing there was a ring on it'

• Like 1

Just now, jagknife said:

Yeah, those fights did so great for momentum considering they owned us for another 15 minutes again... (mocking Deb, obviously)

The Rangers can definitely be pushed around

The fights were not the catalyst for any improvement in Rangers play. We ALWAYS get buried in 3rd period regardless of what happened. Today is no different. If anything the fights were good for our psyche. Beat them up on the ice, beat them on the scoreboard. That cements it in your head that you belong. That next year things will be different.

• Like 1

Just now, '7' said:

The Rangers can definitely be pushed around

The fights were not the catalyst for any improvement in Rangers play. We ALWAYS get buried in 3rd period regardless of what happened. Today is no different. If anything the fights were good for our psyche. Beat them up on the ice, beat them on the scoreboard. That cements it in your head that you belong. That next year things will be different.

Oh I'm psyched we showed some goddamn balls, and someone stood up for themselves finally, but to say the fights at the end of the 2nd were why they won was kinda dumb.

2 minutes ago, HOLLYWOOD said:

all in all, entertaining game, still would prefer to play the draft plan

We got plenty of games left for that... for tonight only let's enjoy this. Double satisfying that all three goals came from pieces for the future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Is it me or was someone saying yesterday that Cory doesn't steal games? :whistling:

Cory was unbelievable, played like his usual self tonight and I love me some elite Cory. Quenneville and Blender continue to do good stuff. Hallsy is silky.

He made some huge saves. Goals were pretty meh though to be honest. 

Yeah, come on, you really have to be joyless to be all in on draft position here.  The Devils are going to win some games down the stretch and I'm glad this is one of them, fvck the Rangers and their dumb fans.

The thing that beats last year in terms of play down the stretch of a sh!tty, dead-end year is that we're not seeing guys like Ruutu and Gionta skating around out there, it's people who might have an NHL future.  Seeing Blandisi and Quenneville team up for an OT goal - who knows what the future holds for either of these two guys, but I like how both of them look and they've got some potential to be NHL regulars.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

He made some huge saves. Goals were pretty meh though to be honest. 

Lindberg goal wasn't great, those goals happen to every goalie though, changeups are sometimes tough for a goalie to pick up on. Nash's goal I don't have an issue with, guy was given all the time in the world to stick handle 6 inches from our crease.

There's no question we don't win this game without Cory's performance. Guy made 38 saves, can't ask for more.

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 2

What a fantastic fvcking game.  All-in-all, it made me miss competitive Devils hockey.

11 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

fvck the draft. Screw the old fvcks. Cam shouldn't see ice rest of year. Thrilled for Schneider. Awesome change up. Brodeuresqe. 

Agreed - No need for DSP or Cam to rush back.  If I were Shero/Hynes I'd tell them to shut it down and pack their bags for Vegas.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Yeah, come on, you really have to be joyless to be all in on draft position here.  The Devils are going to win some games down the stretch and I'm glad this is one of them, fvck the Rangers and their dumb fans.

The thing that beats last year in terms of play down the stretch of a sh!tty, dead-end year is that we're not seeing guys like Ruutu and Gionta skating around out there, it's people who might have an NHL future.  Seeing Blandisi and Quenneville team up for an OT goal - who knows what the future holds for either of these two guys, but I like how both of them look and they've got some potential to be NHL regulars.

Yes.  I have an issue with our own fans rooting for this group to have gone winless and pointless down the stretch with the young guys getting chances.  You can't say.."I hope they play well but lose."   This group of younger players shouldn't be ok with running out the string.  So some wins really gives them something to build on.

Johnny Q is encouraging....if he can develop into a top 9 forward and be a 15-20 goal guy that's a massive plus. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Quenneville will be an NHLer and a damn good one. Won't hit super high points totals but he can be what Jacob Josefson was supposed to be.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

What a fantastic fvcking game.  All-in-all, it made me miss competitive Devils hockey.

Agreed - No need for DSP or Cam to rush back.  If I were Shero/Hynes I'd tell them to shut it down and pack their bags for Vegas.

I pray to god that Cammy ends up on Vegas. I didn't hate him while he was here but his time with us has run it's course a little earlier than we all knew it would.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, '7' said:

Quenneville will be an NHLer and a damn good one. Won't hit super high points totals but he can be what Jacob Josefson was supposed to be.

You can tell there's a hockey IQ there.

He mentioned during his post-game with Deb how he crossed the ice to draw the Dman toward him and open up the lane for Blandisi.  There's an actual thought process there, very encouraging.

• Like 3