Devils hinting at new uniforms in solicitation email

'7'

18 minutes ago, roomtemp said:

I know some Devils fans are weird about a 3rd jersey (we have one its the throwback one) but if it is a 3rd jersey I'm fine.

Agreed.  I definitely would prefer to keep things the way they are, with our current jerseys and no 3rd, and just using the throwbacks for random/special occasions every now and then, BUT, if we absolutely most have some type of change before long, then I suppose I'd be fine with some type of 3rd jersey if it had to be something different than our current throwbacks.  I just really don't want our current home/away to change.  

During the Flyers game last week on the broadcast they had said a few times this was the last time we would see the retro jerseys in awhile because of the change over to adidas. Take that for whatever it's worth. 

I don't know why we can just keep our current design and wear the old jerseys on Sunday games or other special games and make that our official 3rd jersey.

If it's a new complete design  I have no faith in them making anything that isn't a complete disaster. I hope I'm wrong. If they screw this up though the outage about this will be insane. It will make the goal song stuff look like nothing. 

21 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

During the Flyers game last week on the broadcast they had said a few times this was the last time we would see the retro jerseys in awhile because of the change over to adidas. Take that for whatever it's worth. 

I don't know why we can just keep our current design and wear the old jerseys on Sunday games or other special games and make that our official 3rd jersey.

If it's a new complete design  I have no faith in them making anything that isn't a complete disaster. I hope I'm wrong. If they screw this up though the outage about this will be insane. It will make the goal song stuff look like nothing. 

Yes, much like the original Edge rollout sh!tshow, all 3rd jerseys are shelved for next year.

I would love to see Adidas get rid of the silly untucked dress shirt look on the sides. The hem needs to be straight and even all the way around.

• Like 1

There are no third jerseys at all in the league next year because of the Adidas switch. That's been out there for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it was reported that their mail merge on the email was out of sync - if they had your name correct, it's a coincidence.

Yeah I was wondering why the Devils thought my name was 'Kato'. [emoji23]

29 minutes ago, BCdevil said:

This has been confirmed for a couple of months now.  No thirds next year league-wide, the Devils are the one team in line for a change to its primaries.  Rumors are that it is a jersey change and the logo will remain intact.  Fearing the worst, hoping for the best.

One thing I hope they don't do is make it busy for the sake of making it busy. Sort of like what the Bruins did in 1995 and what the Coyotes and Flames have now. No need for piping or side paneling.

Well..........the LOGO had better not change. As I have stated before, I would just prefer to go back to our old uniforms.........I prefer them 100x over what we wear now.

That being said, since they're keeping the colors, my other main beef is the stupid black shoulders...........just eliminate that and it's fine. Keep the shoulders red.

• Like 1

Chris Creamer from SportsLogos (and possibly Icethetics) was the one who originally reported about a major standard uniform overhaul for the Devils next season.  That was regurgitated by Greg W. for Puck Daddy and that is where that rumor took off.  Andrew Gross reported that while he heard there were changes, from what he heard it will be very minor and will only really be to match the new Adidas template just like a few teams adjusted to the Reebok Edge template in 2007.

FWIW Chris Creamer last Wednesday or Thursday wrote an article where he said the Devils will be wearing St. Patrick's Day themed jerseys for warmups that would be all-green.  Needless to say that didn't happen.  So keep that in mind when it comes to Devils rumors from him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This. And I don't believe it will be all that different. I'm more concerned about whether authentics will be available for purchase. 

Yup and surprised that hasn't been a bigger topic on the other forum (jersey-oriented) that we are on.  There is a good chance authentics will not be available for purchase and to get the exact jersey the players wear on-ice your only option is the game worn route.

Yup and surprised that hasn't been a bigger topic on the other forum (jersey-oriented) that we are on.  There is a good chance authentics will not be available for purchase and to get the exact jersey the players wear on-ice your only option is the game worn route.

Yeah it took a while for the authentic Edge jerseys to be available to the public... I don't get it though. It's an opportunity to make money- why would authentics not be available? I mean it's so stupid... You're basically refusing people's money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah it took a while for the authentic Edge jerseys to be available to the public... I don't get it though. It's an opportunity to make money- why would authentics not be available? I mean it's so stupid... You're basically refusing people's money.

Exactly.  Especially with the amount of money they charge for authentics, you would think they'd have them available for purchase before the replicas. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Which means I, being on the larger side of the size spectrum, get stuck with whomever the goon of the day is. Gazdic or similar.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

There will be a million replicas available, which they sell a million of and probably get a higher markup. The group of fans looking to spend $300+ retail for an authentic is probably comparably small. Even now, authentic Edges are limited in where you can buy them.