Weird sh!t you've seen as a Devils fan

roomtemp

This happened in the '90's or early 2000's a guy sitting in his seat watching warmups with a beer in his hand,  Gets a puck (the whole surface not the edge) to the face.  He was out cold but never spilled a drop of his beer.

Re:  Kovy's "retirement"...yeah, that one took the cake.  That couldn't have been more surreal, just after it happened.  

The game where Mario Lemieux scored five goals against the Devils every way possible was a weird one too...mostly because the Devils were actually in that game at the very end...with the goalie pulled, the Devils nearly made it 7-7 (?!), before Mario capped off his historic night with an empty-netter.  

And of course, the occasional goofy goals...Paul Martin beating Tim Thomas, Kirk Muller scoring a goal off Penguins goalie Wendell Young (who wasn't even in front of his net...he went to the right of his net to play a puck that Muller had dumped in, and somehow it deflected off his stick and into him net.  Kirk was laughing his ass off.).  Madden scored an oops against Stephane Fiset too...Madden basically aired the puck into the Kings' zone, then it hit the ice and bounced in past Fiset...looked like a major league infielder botching a ground ball.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

3 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Very early 2000's my dad and I were sitting in our seats (sec 101, row 17, seats 7&8) and a woman a row ahead of us about 4-5 seats over got hit in the face with a puck.  Blood was everywhere and later learned she lost an eye.

51 minutes ago, Rock said:

This happened in the '90's or early 2000's a guy sitting in his seat watching warmups with a beer in his hand,  Gets a puck (the whole surface not the edge) to the face.  He was out cold but never spilled a drop of his beer.

I was at a game once, don't remember when but pre-safety net, and a guy was hit by a flying puck and cut. It deflected off the guy's head with such force that it hit a second person in the head, cutting them as well. 

First guy left, second guy got medical attention and came back. 

Speaking of poor souls getting beaned by pucks - a few years ago at the very end of warmups, someone ripped a shot that hit the crossbar, which arched end-over-end over the netting, and hit a woman in the back of the head as she was walking up the steps to her seat in the lower level, maybe 20 rows up. I remember tracking it from it hitting the crossbar and realizing it was gonna catch her a second or two before it did and not being able to do anything (being in the upper level and behind the net). Hope she was alright. Seemed pretty dazed after.

31 minutes ago, Rock said:

Does anyone remember a playoff intermission entertainment "Quick Change"? A man and woman changing outfits.:o

Yeah, i think that was 05-06. The only reason I remember is they did the halftime show at my college a week or two before going to NJ

How about substitute refs after "have another donut..."?

At the donut game as everyone knows the Bruins kicked the Devil butts.  There was a Bruin fan sitting in 208 giving Devil fans sh!t.  With about 5 minutes to go in the game, I turn around and there is an explosion of beer and popcorn directed at the Bruin fan.  He came down the stairs looking like a drowned rat.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rock said:

Does anyone remember a playoff intermission entertainment "Quick Change"? A man and woman changing outfits.:o

I DO!!!! it was beyond awful from what i remember. my friend and i still talk about it randomly when at a game.

Edited by devils744

1 hour ago, Rock said:

John Madden yelling "Hey Ace" to Mario Lemieux to get Mario to pass him the puck.  Mario then chasing Madden all over the ice while play is going on.B)

I didn't remember that one until it was mentioned here. Couldn't find a video, but found two articles about it. 

Funny. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/23/sports/hockey-madden-s-tricks-fluster-lemieux.html

http://old.post-gazette.com/penguins/20010523devils6.asp

Might be funnier that his nickname was "Ace", like he was a 1950's street gang member. 

Edited by mfitz804