2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

If the Caps blow this, forget it, they'd be toast. I mean don't even bother showing up for game 5 if you blow this game. They should cruise to win this one now. On to Boston-Ottawa, which for my money has been the best series of all of them so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jagknife said:

Such a softie by Andersen too, yikes

How was that a softie?  Guy was in all alone behind the D from the faceoff circle.  He put it 5 hole.  That was just shooter being quicker than the goalie, which, on a play like that, is normal.  Goalie just didn't have enough time to get set when he received the pass inside the zone.

And did anyone see Calgary pull their goalie 5 minutes into the game after he let in one goal? lol.   Granted it was a pretty weak shot from the boards, but if I were Elliot I'd be pissed and tell my coach to go fvck himself.  Best part was they scored on Chad Johnson a few minutes later.

24 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

And did anyone see Calgary pull their goalie 5 minutes into the game after he let in one goal? lol.   Granted it was a pretty weak shot from the boards, but if I were Elliot I'd be pissed and tell my coach to go fvck himself.  Best part was they scored on Chad Johnson a few minutes later.

I haven't watched all the games from that series but my impression from their fans is that Elliot more or less cost them at least 2 games with his bad goals.  Like.. Elliot has been very bad.

I think it was understood going into game 4 that he was on a very short leash.  

IMO it didn't really matter, it became pretty apparent that the Ducks were going to roll the Flames one way or another.

Edited by Devilsfan118

30 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Ochocinco? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jagknife said:

Side note: I really never understand where the 3 goal lead being the most dangerous lead in hockey came from. I feel as though in the early 2000s and earlier, it was a 2-goal lead was, and that at least made some semblance of sense to me: Leading team gets one more, could be the final dagger, if the trailing team gets one back, it could really start the comeback and put the leading team on their heels. Thoughts?

That was fischler who started talking about 3 goal leads during his intermission rambles. To me it just seemed like he was trying to one-up the 2 goal thing and make a blow out seem close 

9 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I want all of the Canadian teams eliminated in the first round, except Montreal.  I want Montreal to take it to game 7, double OT, and bury one past a face-down-on-the-ice Henry. .Hope they crash his fvcking net tonight too. What is with teams not answering douchebags like Kreider?

lol let it rip chip!