2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

After watching the replay of the hit and hearing the talking heads it would seem the Leafs got screwed. I thought it was leg on leg in real time but in slow motion it was clearly a hip check. The fact that was Ovechkin and how he reacted might have had something to do with the call. Oh well it's in the books now though. Hope the Caps can close it out in 6 and be ready for a potential Pens matchup.

6 minutes ago, Weekes Head said:

If Ottawa goes on and wins after that non goal, Boston will riot for sure. Yikes. 

I'm not sure how that was even a question that it was interference. The announcers were trying to say he was pushed in, it wasn't even close to that. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm not sure how that was even a question that it was interference. The announcers were trying to say he was pushed in, it wasn't even close to that. 

Looks like USA knows Boston is a more valuable market for them than Ottawa. JR is going nuts about it now again. This Kuraly guy clearly went directly into Anderson with plenty of opportunity not to.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They were reaching for sure, theyre still going on about it in intermission! Still hate seeing a game come down to the situation room. Reminds me of that crazy Flyers - Hawks final a few seasons ago. Awkward.

Alas,  this game has been nuts. I'm excited for some double OT.

9 minutes ago, Weekes Head said:

They were reaching for sure, theyre still going on about it in intermission! Still hate seeing a game come down to the situation room. Reminds me of that crazy Flyers - Hawks final a few seasons ago. Awkward.

Alas,  this game has been nuts. I'm excited for some double OT.

Most anticlimactic Cup clinching goal ever. Nobody other than Kane knew he scored. My initial reaction was similar to the first time I saw the last scene of The Sopranos.

This has been an amazing 1st round. Best I can remember in recent years. 

• Like 1

Never heard of this Kuraly guy before tonight. Seemed to be quite the factor at the end of the day. I don't think I've ever seen Karlsson so pissed. Wow. 

My brother in law is a huge Bruins fan and just texted me 'how bout that Sean Kuraly?' I told him the same thing you just said- 'never heard of him til tonight'. The playoffs make for unlikely heroes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Canadians better come out playing tonight and bring this to a game 7. Too much Steve Ott on the ice for my liking.

My fear going into the playoffs was that if the Rangers were to get by Montreal, they would probably be playing in the Conference Finals.  I would prefer that not happen.

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Gotta love advice on self control being given by a piece of sh!t who climbed into the stands to beat a fan as a player, Jesus Christ, NBC, get rid of Milbury already

Milbury pretty much lost all credibility on anything hockey related when he left the Islanders regarded as the worst GM in history.

• Like 3

Just now, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

Milbury pretty much lost all credibility on anything hockey related when he left the Islanders regarded as the worst GM in history.

And yet we have to listen to his verbal diarrhea every time NBC airs a game, its like they hired anyone they could when they started, but now cant cut the cords

• Like 2

Gotta love advice on self control being given by a piece of sh!t who climbed into the stands to beat a fan as a player, Jesus Christ, NBC, get rid of Milbury already

It's like getting diet advice from Chris Christie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Staal eats the boards after tripping over Allen's skate as he made the save, fans are irate with the non-call. Holy fvck do I hate the Wild and want them to lose so badly.

EDIT: I thought Minnesota was supposed to be a hockey state? I get being pissed at your guy getting hurt, but it wasn't anything resembling a penalty, stop being bitches already

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1