Derlique

In Russia NHL returns you. Kovalchuk staying in KHL.

I'm not seeing how a trade works out with the Blackhawks. John Hayden?

20 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

How about: 

Hossa's Contract + DeBrincat + 1st round pick 

for 

Kovalchuk @ 50% retained.

Dead salary aside, I would love debrincat. Thought he dropped way too far because of his size.

Funny, that was my first thought yesterday when I heard Chicago might be interested... man, I'd love to get DeBrincat!  I was SO hoping he'd drop to us in the second round last year.  I'd do Kovy for DeBrincat, straight swap.  But I'm not sure they'd be interested in that since they need cheap young kids to come up so they can afford to keep the older guys on high contracts...  Fun to speculate anyway. 

• Like 1

fvck off Kovy.  

• Like 4

That means nothing to me until someone other than Larry fvcking Brooks reports it.

4 minutes ago, fsu1852 said:

If true, it's as expected. And it makes total sense. Why the hell would he let someone else be in control of his landing spot rather than waiting one more year and coming back on his own terms? 

Everyone already thinks he's too old, he'll still be too old next year. 

Fvck you Kovy. Just watched Rocky IV and we all know who won that one.

Go America. 

• Like 2

July 4th isn't the greatest day for the Devils anyway. I'll never forgive for Parise making my beer taste stale all day 5 years ago. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

July 4th isn't the greatest day for the Devils anyway. I'll never forgive for Parise making my beer taste stale all day 5 years ago. 

Which, I'll add, was as expected as this move by Kovy. 

Posted (edited)

I feel badly that Ray inherited all this drama. I'm so glad it's finally over. Yeah it would've been nice to get something out of it but I honestly wasn't expecting it anyway. At least we can get on with out summer instead of it being the "summer of Kovy" once again... 

ETA: no ninjas necessary (?)

Edited by LittleBallofHate
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, fsu1852 said:

Figured I'll throw this out there as well

Slava has a worse track record than Brooksie at reporting fake news.

anyways if true figures for Kovy.  I hope this will finally put an end to the bi-annual rumors of him coming back and the sizable portion of our fanbase salivating at the thought of him being in a Devils uniform again.  He is nothing but a primadonna merc and I hope his house in Alpine collapses.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

See ya kovy. You better skate hard this year. Ha ha

I think he was surprised at how low the offers were.  Or how long the laughing went after his agent asked for 6 mil per.  

Edited by EdgeControl

This guy is a real piece of sh!t.

45 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

That was HORRIBLE.

Its being reported that The Devils Demands were too high

59 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If true, it's as expected. And it makes total sense. Why the hell would he let someone else be in control of his landing spot rather than waiting one more year and coming back on his own terms? 

Everyone already thinks he's too old, he'll still be too old next year. 

Fvck you Kovy. Just watched Rocky IV and we all know who won that one.

Go America. 

It is a bit of a risk...he could suffer a serious injury in the K, though it's not like he has a Cammalleri-type injury history.  As long as his K numbers don't decline sharply next year, sure, he should draw considerable interest from some NHL teams...just not sure how much people will be willing to pay someone who's been out of the NHL for what will have been five seasons by the start of 2018-19 season.  He may have to sign a one-year, $4-5 million "show me" kind of deal first.  

Posted (edited)

I think Ray is playing this fine. If the demands are high fine. Let the market play out, he doesn't have to sign today. Both sides are using time here most likely. I can't imagine after 4 days, Ilya is like "F it" - both Ray and Kovy have "time, so use it." as Lou would say.

Edited by HellOnICE
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It is a bit of a risk...he could suffer a serious injury in the K, though it's not like he has a Cammalleri-type injury history.  As long as his K numbers don't decline sharply next year, sure, he should draw considerable interest from some NHL teams...just not sure how much people will be willing to pay someone who's been out of the NHL for what will have been five seasons by the start of 2018-19 season.  He may have to sign a one-year, $4-5 million "show me" kind of deal first.  

But this year, having been out 4 seasons, he'd have done way better? 

6 minutes ago, fsu1852 said:

Its being reported that The Devils Demands were too high

Ray did say it would have to make sense for us. Maybe what was offered didn't. But still, I feel like he should have grabbed something. I suspect that Kovy's high salary demand was more of the problem, and Ray thought that signing him to that kind of deal would have impeded his ability to trade him.

At least I hope so, because the alternative is not taking a free asset. Unless, of course, he wanted the Rangers and Ray refused to do it. 

Screenshot_20170704-214725.thumb.jpg.15bc279e68bc0bff47f72cd4836e8d59.jpg

If he plans to return the year after I hope one of our players takes a run at the fvcker. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

But this year, having been out 4 seasons, he'd have done way better? 

He's coming off his best KHL season and is healthy.  Neither may be true at this time next season.  His value may never be higher than it is right now.  

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He's coming off his best KHL season and is healthy.  Neither may be true at this time next season.  His value may never be higher than it is right now.  

Not for nothing, but some of the TSN guys were saying that NHL scouts were not that impressed with his play this season.  

I guess he said he wanted to play for the Rangers, who weren't offering anything significant.  So good on Ray sticking to his guns.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Not for nothing, but some of the TSN guys were saying that NHL scouts were not that impressed with his play this season.  

I guess he said he wanted to play for the Rangers, who weren't offering anything significant.  So good on Ray sticking to his guns.

That wouldn't surprise me much, re:  the scouts...Kovy played on a stacked team this year.  I'm saying that his quick-glance K numbers were never better than they were this past season.

I could see him flopping big-time with the Rangers...he could barely handle the "harsh" reaction from Devils fans when he got off to an awful start in 2010.  It will get a LOT uglier for him if he stumbles out of the gate in the Gawden.  

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, you indecisive prima donna. 

I hope you can't decide which seat you want so you end up in a middle seat between 2 large gentlemen who both had white castle with extra onions the whole flight home. 

• Like 2