Sign in to follow this  
Since1982-83

The Devils Uniforms

sundstrom    256

they're not islanders 90's/00's awful but i mean, why make these changes? there's no point other than to look slightly different.

Satans Hockey    686

There's just too much empty space below the logo and that's why it looks like a practice jersey. 

I really wish they released these with a player  in full uniform but that would make too much sense for this league. 

Daniel    374

I don't mind it, but maybe because I'm not a huge jersey guy.  Just happy that the design isn't loud and that they didn't touch the logo. 

To the extent people hate it, at least you can't blame the organization.

Jerzey    197

I like the wide white stripes on the arms.

mfitz804    1,438
1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I don't mind it, but maybe because I'm not a huge jersey guy.  Just happy that the design isn't loud and that they didn't touch the logo. 

To the extent people hate it, at least you can't blame the organization.

I disagree. Adidas didn't single them out and force them to remove stripes. 

mikemarc1    2

Why can't you blame the organization? You think Adidas just did this on their own? The organization makes the changes..Adidas implements them.

Martyisth3b3st    1,246
7 minutes ago, mikemarc1 said:

Exactly the same but the bottom stripe? Not a big deal, in my opinion. 

Uh.... no? Did you look at the image?

HellOnICE    59

I think it's fine. I want to see what they look like on the ice.

Daniel    374
1 minute ago, mikemarc1 said:

Why can't you blame the organization? You think Adidas just did this on their own? The organization makes the changes..Adidas implements them.

Since every teams jersey was changed, I figured that it was Adidas that designed them.  At the very least the Devils were ordered to do something, and this is what it was.  Or maybe I'm wrong.

bobilly45    33

I'm not a big jersey guy, so removing the striped at the bottom, while not great, isn't that big of a deal.  However you have to put equal blame on adidas and whoever at jersey signed off on this, ultimately it needs the devils approval before it gets made.

mikemarc1    2
1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Uh.... no? Did you look at the image?

I did..maybe the 3 stripes on the sleeves changed..tough to tell on small graphic.

Again, its not like its a totally different jersey. Very small change..just my opinion, and nothing to riot about. Ha.

mikemarc1    2
2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Since every teams jersey was changed, I figured that it was Adidas that designed them.  At the very least the Devils were ordered to do something, and this is what it was.  Or maybe I'm wrong.

I don't see changes on every jerseys..but again, tough to tell on such a small graphic.

Martyisth3b3st    1,246
Just now, mikemarc1 said:

I did..maybe the 3 stripes on the sleeves changed..tough to tell on small graphic.

Again, its not like its a totally different jersey. Very small change..just my opinion, and nothing to riot about. Ha.

Nooooooo. Not tough to tell. They're 3 gigantic stripes. Look at pictures of the current uniform. 

mikemarc1    2
1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Nooooooo. Not tough to tell. They're 3 gigantic stripes. Look at pictures of the current uniform. 

Ok, even so. If they changed the width of the stripe...not a huge change, TO ME. I'm just giving my opinion..Unless you are a huge jersey guy..its not too much of a change. 

njd3b1ink    28

Hate to say it but he new jersey looks like a cheap beer league jersey. Embarrassing 

Devilsfan118    745

I think it looks like a damn t-shirt. 

BlueSkirt    42
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

There's just too much empty space below the logo and...

that's where the ads will be going in a few years...

at least we kept the yokes, that separates us from all the other jerseys that are red

Edited by BlueSkirt

mfitz804    1,438

Plenty of room above the crest on the shoulders for ads too...

Devilsfan118    745
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, BlueSkirt said:

at least we kept the yokes, that separates us from all the other jerseys that are red

Except they used to wrap over the shoulders, almost like a plate.

Now they're cut way before the edge of the shoulder. Looks terrible imo.

Edited by Devilsfan118

thecoffeecake    192

This is fvcking garbage. If they made big changes, I'd still hate it, but I'd understand wanting to boost jersey sales, spice up the brand for marketing purposes, it'd make sense. But why do this absolute joke when you have a fan base so tradition minded and attached to their team's heritage? This does nothing for the casual fan like a red and green jersey may have, and it pisses off the traditionalists
(who are the ones buying tickets; you can't give seats away to people who don't watch every night). Just doesn't make any sense.

'7'    568

They don't even look finished. I mean how is this even considered an NHL jersey? This is National Wholesale Liquidators crap. I wouldn't dress our minor league team in this. I wouldn't even let a bantam team carry our name if this is the jersey they wore. Good grief this is bad.

Jerzey    197
Posted (edited)

One thing I noticed looking at that picture is there are 11 teams with a version of red and 10 teams with a version of blue as their base color. Kind of boring as a whole.

Edited by Jerzey

Nicomo    419

Only bright side is I'll save some money not buying one of these. Still dissapointing though. 

Satans Hockey    686

I'm really curious to see how many people end up buying these because if you look here and other places it's overwhelming negative feedback about it. 

mfitz804    1,438

I'm buying one. Like it or hate it, it's part of the team's history now.