Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

2017 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020    1,901

One of the ugliest wins I've ever seen... Offense is still trash. Defense and the fact we faced Cassel are the reasons we won this one. But they all count the same and we're somehow 2-2 (likely 2-3 after next week- Atlanta will probably curbstomp us- but I'll worry about that next week and just take the W and be happy for now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadDog2020    1,901
Alrighty then...

Good Lord.... Only the Dolphins. Honestly. Only the fvcking Dolphins.

Daniel    372
37 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Good Lord.... Only the Dolphins. Honestly. Only the fvcking Dolphins.

I’m sure it was just vitamins 

• Like 1

MadDog2020    1,901
I’m sure it was just vitamins 

MadDog2020    1,901

Aaaand Foerster resigned.

35 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

And of course, all of the jokes you'd expect:

This blows.

He blew it on blow.

Only a matter of time before someone starts in with "So much for some coke and a smile..."

• Like 1

MadDog2020    1,901
And of course, all of the jokes you'd expect:
This blows.
He blew it on blow.
Only a matter of time before someone starts in with "So much for some coke and a smile..."

Brings new meaning to LINE COACH.

Beezer34    101

MD. Thoughts?

MadDog2020    1,901
MD. Thoughts?

If that's the policy, that's the policy. The players still have the option of staying back if they want to, and I think staying in the locker room/kneeling sends the same message.

20 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Brings new meaning to LINE COACH. emoji14.png

Ouch...good one. 

• Like 1

MadDog2020    1,901
Ouch...good one. 

Haha I can't take credit, that was one of the first jokes I saw this morning.

Daniel    372
38 minutes ago, Beezer34 said:

MD. Thoughts?

Good on Ross.  Not enough to really bring me back as fan anytime soon, but the Dolphins sucking is a big factor in that as well. 

My favorite though was one of the players on the 49ers or Colts claiming he was oppressed because Pence left the game after the anthem.  I mean, it was stupid enough that Pence flew half way across the country apparently for what was a political stunt as dumb as what the players were doing.  But, any player who claims they're oppressed as a result of it though really ought to travel the world a little bit to see what actual oppression is. 

Oh man that shirt is fvcking hilarious

'7'    567
On 10/9/2017 at 11:58 AM, Daniel said:

Good on Ross.  Not enough to really bring me back as fan anytime soon, but the Dolphins sucking is a big factor in that as well. 

My favorite though was one of the players on the 49ers or Colts claiming he was oppressed because Pence left the game after the anthem.  I mean, it was stupid enough that Pence flew half way across the country apparently for what was a political stunt as dumb as what the players were doing.  But, any player who claims they're oppressed as a result of it though really ought to travel the world a little bit to see what actual oppression is. 

The Dolphins don't suck. They actually have quality talent everywhere on the roster. The loss to us could be an anomaly. But sometimes average to good teams just flat out don't match up well with certain bad teams. It's like Devils/Islanders back when the Devs were becoming disciplined defensive monsters and they were a joke. Yet every game with them seemed to be a pain in the butt.

The less the players tweet the better. It's just one idiotic faux-pas after another. Maybe some players have this...but how about the league offers up some tweet screeners (college grads, marketing/advertising/comm majors) because really these players do have handlers...they're the agents. Where the hell are the agents in all this? This is going to hurt them in the future regarding contracts and they have a vested interest. If you're a fringe guy and it's down to you and some other fringe guy, and one guy is quiet as a church mouse and you have a list of idiotic comments on twitter, you're not getting that contract offer.

• Like 1

Daniel    372
26 minutes ago, '7' said:

The less the players tweet the better. It's just one idiotic faux-pas after another. Maybe some players have this...but how about the league offers up some tweet screeners (college grads, marketing/advertising/comm majors) because really these players do have handlers...they're the agents. Where the hell are the agents in all this? This is going to hurt them in the future regarding contracts and they have a vested interest. If you're a fringe guy and it's down to you and some other fringe guy, and one guy is quiet as a church mouse and you have a list of idiotic comments on twitter, you're not getting that contract offer.

Most of these guys aren't rocket scientists.  A lot of us put up dumb stuff on this message board and you have to think a bit about it before you post.  With twitter and instagram, you do it from your phone without much thought.  Political protests aside, think about how dumb and impulsive OBJ is, and he has much, much more on the line than a lot of other players.

At I think at a deeper level, a lot of players just believe they're right, going to the point that if you don't agree with them and tell them it's just like any other workplace where you don't want divisive protests they claim they're oppressed.   They just don't really understand why it pisses off a lot of people.

I would say that they don't really understand what free speech really means, but there are a lot of students at elite universities that also don't understand it either, so I guess I shouldn't fault NFL players too much over it.

MadDog2020    1,901

I'm still trying to figure out how the hell we pulled that one out yesterday... That's one of the best wins of the Gase era so far. Never thought in a million years we'd rally all the way back while shutting out that offense in the second half in their house. Awesome job by everyone involved. Gonna make my trip down this weekend a lot more enjoyable knowing we're going into this week with a huge W like that one under our belts. Time to pay the Jets back for that first game. I'll be up in 333 on Sunday.