Nico or Nolan

caron14

I really feel bad for him. He had that amazing D-1 year, and even though he had some near-full seasons in some of the following years, I doubt he was ever fully healthy. I always wonder what kind of player he would have been without the health concerns. But definitely have to be thankful that the Devils' front office favored Nico so much. As much as it sucks to have missed on Makar in that draft, the Flyers made out so much worse in that draft because Patrick was by far the consensus pick at 2 overall, so I doubt they were seriously considering anyone else.

1 hour ago, nessus said:

I really feel bad for him. He had that amazing D-1 year, and even though he had some near-full seasons in some of the following years, I doubt he was ever fully healthy. I always wonder what kind of player he would have been without the health concerns. But definitely have to be thankful that the Devils' front office favored Nico so much. As much as it sucks to have missed on Makar in that draft, the Flyers made out so much worse in that draft because Patrick was by far the consensus pick at 2 overall, so I doubt they were seriously considering anyone else.

re:  Makar, my feelings on that will always be the same...if there was tons of chatter about him being the #1OA going in, and the Flyers pounced on him immediately after the Devils made their "mistake", I could understand when some bitch about how the Devils screwed up the pick.  But three other teams passed on him too, and one of them (the Flyers) REALLY saw their selection not work out at all.  And it's been mentioned but all anyone really has to do is look at the Devils' center situation at the time to realize how badly they needed to bring a young and potentially very good one in.  They needed to find someone to skate on a line with Hall.

re:  Patrick, yeah, really sucks for him, absolutely feel for him...hope if he still wants to have a future in hockey as a coach or whatever role, that he is able to find that opportunity.  Can't imagine how the past few years have been for him.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I was doing a fun little project about how things might have turned out had the Devil's taken Makar instead of Nico at 1. Might post it up at some point. 

10,000% part of it has to be that he doesn't become the best defenseman in the league and people complain that we passed over Nico for him, who is now a dominant center for the perennial playoff contender Flyers. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2017 at 11:14 AM, CommonDreads said:

Shero won in Pittsburgh with the model of depth down the middle, Patrick/McLeod isn't Crosby/Malkin, but it's still part of what I believe his plan is. I'm just so stoked, people have said for so long that this team will be where it needs to be when Zajac is the #3 center, and suddenly that looks so much closer than it did even a week ago.

Some things belong in the past :rolling:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

A possible rapist and marshmallow head

Ouch...I remember when O&A used to talk about Gene Siskel (suffered from a malignant brain tumor, later passed away due to related surgery complications several months later), they called him "Ol' Puddin' Head".  The marshmallow head comment made me think of that instantly...we call our cat "Ol Puddin' Head" because she's one of the dumbest cats we've ever seen (but quite sweet and loving).

re:  McLeod, that whole situation is just...I wonder when there's some kind of confirmation, in terms of whether or not he played a role in what happened.  

46 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Ouch...I remember when O&A used to talk about Gene Siskel (suffered from a malignant brain tumor, later passed away due to related surgery complications several months later), they called him "Ol' Puddin' Head".  The marshmallow head comment made me think of that instantly...we call our cat "Ol Puddin' Head" because she's one of the dumbest cats we've ever seen (but quite sweet and loving).

re:  McLeod, that whole situation is just...I wonder when there's some kind of confirmation, in terms of whether or not he played a role in what happened.  

Unfortunately I think it’s only a matter of time with McLeod. Obviously nothing official but the fact that so many players have very definitively said they were not involved and that McLeod is sticking with “I can’t talk about that” has me uneasy about his role. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Unfortunately I think it’s only a matter of time with McLeod. Obviously nothing official but the fact that so many players have very definitively said they were not involved and that McLeod is sticking with “I can’t talk about that” has me uneasy about his role. 

Yeah, I won't be surprised if he's not with the team in a couple weeks, for the reason you just said.  Guess we'll see.  

On 9/27/2022 at 3:53 PM, Devil Dan 56 said:

To my recollection most players who came out saying they were not involved were not even physically at that gala at all, so they are not part of the investigation.

I think that if any players has any sort of intel on that situation cause they were either there or being told anything by any players involved. Then they are part of the investigation and might be instructed not to say anything because it's under investigation.

Maybe not, but i think that's the neutral way to look at it without jumping to any conclusions until there's more details

Edited by SterioDesign