Hey you suck Nashville Version

Rock

I don't want this to be a thread of pro hey suckers versus anti hey suckers.  Let me say I don't really care if it is shouted out.  It does bother me that it is shouted even if the Devils are down by 6 goals and they score with 30 seconds left in the game.

Now in Nashville they yell out the goalie's name then Hey you suck! They chant something else after that but I haven't been able to make it out.  It just seems that Nashville has taken the chant to another level. B)

TV even caught a guy last night wearing a "Hey You Suck! Tee shirt.  :lol:

19 minutes ago, '7' said:

Love that "it's all your fault" that's actually pretty cool

Not surprised that they stole Hey You Suck from us considering they tried to steal the entire damn franchise back in 1995.

They actually started doing it years before we started doing it.

Anyways this fanbase has a really strange fetish with this chant.  They just can't seem to let go almost 4 years later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

They actually started doing it years before we started doing it.

Anyways this fanbase has a really strange fetish with this chant.  They just can't seem to let go almost 4 years later.

How long did they even exist years before we started doing that? I'm pretty sure we had it first. I never recall this being a Nashville thing.

• Like 1

I liked this one

20170523_000538.jpg

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

fwiw if you watch the starting lineup announcements from game 1 of the 2000 finals, Devils fans are yelling "Sucks!" after the name of every Dallas Star announced over the PA system.

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

fwiw if you watch the starting lineup announcements from game 1 of the 2000 finals, Devils fans are yelling "Sucks!" after the name of every Dallas Star announced over the PA system.

Red Wing fans yelled "Who Cares" at Game 1 in '95 to all the Dev players introduced. lol

5 minutes ago, '7' said:

That's a different chant.  I was talking specifically about the you suck chant with RnR pt2.  That chant started roughly during the 2006-07 season.  You can look at videos on youtube of goals scored in the 03 finals and no one is doing the you suck chant.

The Predators fans have been doing their you suck chant since at least the early 2000's and I have heard even since the late 90's.  They have definitely been doing it longer than Devils fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, '7' said:

Love that "it's all your fault" that's actually pretty cool

Not surprised that they stole Hey You Suck from us considering they tried to steal the entire damn franchise back in 1995.

I mean we stole the hey you suck from the islanders who did it with rock and roll part1. 

At least Nashville added something besides the 5 yr old level insult.

The "“WE’RE GONNA BEAT THE HELL OUTTA YOU! IT’S TRUE, IT’S TRUE, IT’S WHAT WE’RE GONNA DO!” (or You, You, You and You and You)" was taken from the Kansas City Chiefs.  They've been doing that for a long time, 10-15 years, if not more.

I'd say this was all taken from Cornell Big Red Hockey who've been doing all of these chants for far longer than the Chiefs, Preds or Devils. Back in 2001 when I was attending games at Lynah Rink at Cornell it was already a long time tradition to shout on all goals: "SIEVE! SIEVE! SIEVE! SIEVE! SIEVE! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" then "YOU SUCK!" during the R&R pt2, and punctuated with "WE'RE GONNA BEAT THE HELL OUTTA YOU! F--K 'EM UP F--K 'EM UP! GO C-U!"