Hey you suck Nashville Version

Rock

11 minutes ago, NewarkDevil5 said:

I'd say this was all taken from Cornell Big Red Hockey who've been doing all of these chants for far longer than the Chiefs, Preds or Devils. Back in 2001 when I was attending games at Lynah Rink at Cornell it was already a long time tradition to shout on all goals: "SIEVE! SIEVE! SIEVE! SIEVE! SIEVE! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" then "YOU SUCK!" during the R&R pt2, and punctuated with "WE'RE GONNA BEAT THE HELL OUTTA YOU! F--K 'EM UP F--K 'EM UP! GO C-U!"

Boston University uses some of these as well.  

I said this in the postseason thread, I'll repeat similar here:

I used to love 'You Suck' when we first did it or in 2012 when we beat the Rags, then I progressively hated it more and more, now, I'm just glad its the one thing our fans actually scream for. Sure, we can do a 'Let's go Devils' two or three times in a row before it dies out but thats the extent of our fan cheering.

I have zero problem with the Nashville crowd doing you suck because they actually add more to it, as has been pointed out, and EVERYONE does it. They also change our "Rangers suck" chant at everything to "(Insert actual opponent here) suck"

I know when our team starts to turn around, our atmosphere will improve, at least I hope it will, but at others have said, the amount the crowd in Nashville goes all out for their team is impressive for a "non-hockey market." Hell, they get a good percentage of the fans to actually wear either their gold jerseys or actually put on the free t-shirt they give away. We struggled to do even that in 2012.

I think our downturn will weed out the casual, bandwagon fans and I hope the resurgence will help those that stay feel the pride so we can build that kind of passion in our fan base again.

14 hours ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Join #TheResistance we will never find a song "You suck" cannot be added into. 

Thats what bothers me, in general. Leave it out of the goal song and let that clown from [insert section number here] who does the Stabley Cap crap do his Hey you suck chant after the goal. Like I said, I don't like you suck, but it gets the arena loud post-goals from the people actually yelling it to the eventual cheer that comes when its over. Sure Nashville took their chants from everywhere else, but who cares, it gets loud as sh!t there. When we get good again, I'd love a percentage of that energy for a regular season home game, cause they pull that.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, skeeter said:

It's Nashville so it's a wonderful atmosphere and they have amazing fans.  We do it in 2012 and we're classless buffoons. 

They actually have more then just a You suck chant (which is what a 4 yr old can do).  They add to it, and actually have creative ones.  Also they ALL chant at the same time, kinda like a soccer game.  We barely can cant Cory Cory after him making a good save (granted last season he didn't make many)

And yes, Rangers suck, flyers swallow, has and will always be classless. 

• Like 1