Move to France ... If you want

moustic

20 hours ago, moustic said:

https://www.makeourplanetgreatagain.fr/result/8e674f31-6788-46ca-be40-4f7912b53a5b

(Not trolling or go political... Just tell you that there is an opportunity there... )

I'm not quite sure how this is "sticking it" to the US or Trump administration in any way.  So basically, the French taxpayer wants to pay for these environmental initiatives that it will necessarily have to share with the United States if they turn out to be feasible.  Thanks for footing the bill for us!

1 hour ago, moustic said:

Why they would have to share ? 

If the idea is to decrease CO2 emissions worldwide, then France is going to have to give all the super duper technology it's supposedly going to develop (unlike Spain who failed miserably at it) to everyone in the world, including and especially the United States, who has the biggest economy in the world and therefore the most CO2 emissions.  Otherwise, it will be painfully obvious that the people of France and Mr. Macron (if he's still alive by the time that super duper technology is actually feasible) didn't really think global warming was such a big deal after all. 

By the time new technologies are efficient... Biggest economy will be the one that start the first ( actually China invest the most). Europe and France need all the scientific helps they can get to find new production (that could create more job for new infrastructure) 

China and Europe will not force a mighty country like U.S.A to use these news products. 

Again, not trying to start a fight or anything.. Just gave the link if someone is interested... Feel free to disagree or call me euro-trash.. It's fine : ) 

1 hour ago, moustic said:

By the time new technologies are efficient... Biggest economy will be the one that start the first ( actually China invest the most). Europe and France need all the scientific helps they can get to find new production (that could create more job for new infrastructure) 

China and Europe will not force a mighty country like U.S.A to use these news products. 

Again, not trying to start a fight or anything.. Just gave the link if someone is interested... Feel free to disagree or call me euro-trash.. It's fine : ) 

Point is that France will want everyone to use whatever this effort comes up with.  If it's more efficient and feasible than fossils fuels, the US and everyone else will gladly want to use it, no force required.  In fact, if France is of the belief that it's of utmost importance to the environment, ethically they'd almost have to give it away, no?  In the meantime, it appears that the French taxpayer will be footing the bill for it, because if green energy were so cost effective, it wouldn't need to be subsidized by the government.  Works for me.

I'm not an economist or an engineer, so I can't tell you whether it's going to be this great boon to the French economy or for French workers, but my guess is probably not.  Spain tried the same thing, and it didn't stop its economy from going into a depression.  And if it looks anything like solar now, it may create jobs in the same way you could create more jobs by forcing construction projects to use people with spoons to move dirt as opposed to a bulldozer.  And even then, most of those manufacturing  jobs will probably end up in Korea or China anyway.

8 hours ago, moustic said:

Except that we will sell the energy (just like we do with electricity from the nuclear for years) 

And if you sell it to American consumers for less than fossil fuels and the French taxpayer had to foot the bill to get to that point, I would say thank you very much.   In the same way, the United States taxpayer paid a fortune in the start up costs for nuclear energy in the Manhattan Project.  France and every other country in the world that now uses nuclear energy received the benefit of those expenditures.