Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

2017 UFA Thread

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I wouldn't sign Yakupov if he paid us. There's also the fact that Hall doesn't care for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus the situation where he pretty much refused to play the system in Edmonton and demanded to do his own thing. We have too many young players coming through. We don't need that garbage. 

• Like 4

With the amount of depth the Panthers lost I am surprised they haven't gone after Yakupov

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Plus the situation where he pretty much refused to play the system in Edmonton and demanded to do his own thing. We have too many young players coming through. We don't need that garbage. 

Obviously when you're a very high pick and still young, you'll get multiple chances.  Really scary how little he did with Second Chance #1.  Feels like he's on his way to fizzling out of the NHL in a year or two.

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Obviously when you're a very high pick and still young, you'll get multiple chances.  Really scary how little he did with Second Chance #1.  Feels like he's on his way to fizzling out of the NHL in a year or two.

Shades of Alexandre Daigle and Patrick Stefan, no?

I was actually thinking about Daigle when I posted.  Daigle at least was pretty good when he first went to the Flyers (his first second chance)...he had a way of doing just enough (either in the NHL or AHL) to get more looks...he had a pretty good year with Minnesota towards the end of his career.  Looks like Yakupov might not get Second Chance #2 as easily.  

1 hour ago, sokar said:

With the amount of depth the Panthers lost I am surprised they haven't gone after Yakupov

Yak isn't exactly a Dale Tallon kinda guy.

28 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Yakupov signed with Colorado

Consider me relieved.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Yakupov signed with Colorado

Colorado fans must be loving Sakic

• Like 2

Colorado fans must be loving Sakic

This is why you don't let legends run the franchise they became legendary with.

• Like 3

Yakupov in Colorado is a fine gamble for them.  The Devils already have their own Yakupov in Miles Wood.

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is why you don't let legends run the franchise they became legendary with.

Worked with another team in that city with Elway

31 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Yakupov in Colorado is a fine gamble for them.  The Devils already have their own Yakupov in Miles Wood.

#1 pick from 5 years ago is worth an $875,000/1yr gamble for a crap team. Maybe he "finds himself", if he doesn't, not the end of days. 

Worked with another team in that city with Elway

Rare case. It usually doesn't work.

We have enough drafted young talent on our team that we shouldn't need to fill a spot with Yak anyway.

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

#1 pick from 5 years ago is worth an $875,000/1yr gamble for a crap team. Maybe he "finds himself", if he doesn't, not the end of days. 

Says a lot that a "nothing to lose" crap team is the one taking a chance on him...more relevant teams are already not interested.  His time with Colorado could very well be make or break.  

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Says a lot that a "nothing to lose" crap team is the one taking a chance on him...more relevant teams are already not interested.  His time with Colorado could very well be make or break.  

Correct. If he fails again he could wind up in Europe.

At $875k, worth taking a shot. Of course, he's already had a few years and nothing. Glad it's not us, but who knows, maybe he figures his stuff out. 

23 hours ago, CarpathianForest said:

I think one of them is Tatar.

True & he wants $5 mil/yr. But they can LTIR Kronwall like they have in the past (cap hit $4.75). 

The other day, Chicago traded Kruger to VGK and today Vegas flipped him to Carolina for just a 5th rounder in next year's draft. 

Carolina's collecting all Chicago's spare parts, eh?  Teravainen, Darling, Dahlbeck, TVR & now Kruger. 

5 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

The other day, Chicago traded Kruger to VGK and today Vegas flipped him to Carolina for just a 5th rounder in next year's draft. 

Carolina's collecting all Chicago's spare parts, eh?  Teravainen, Darling, Dahlbeck, TVR & now Kruger. 

Kruger is a good 3rd liner.

On 7/4/2017 at 4:52 AM, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

In terms of the back end Nikita Nesterov looks like an interesting project. 

I think a few people had interest in Nesterov but he's headed to Russia: 

Dan Milstein-Hockey‏ Verified account @HockeyAgent1

Nikita Nesterov has decided to continue his hockey career back home. Will sign with one of the clubs in the KHL.

Kevin Klein announced his 'retirement'.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Kevin Klein announced his 'retirement'. emoji19.png

He said it's because of an injury and no indication as of now he's playing in Europe.  In any event, since the Stepan trade, the extra cap space doesn't really affect things.

Edited by Daniel

42 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He said it's because of an injury and no indication as of now he's playing in Europe.  In any event, since the Stepan trade, the extra cap space doesn't really affect things.

Okay.

So if Klein plays in another league this year can the Rangers be penalized?