July 2017 Devils' Development Camp Thread

Triumph

Devils' development camp runs all next week - I believe Monday is physicals and then Tuesday-Saturday is the actual camp.  Only players who are under ELCs or have not yet been to 5 development camps are eligible.

The Devils have invited two unsigned, undrafted players to development camp - F Nicolas Guay and F Robert Carpenter.

Here's the development camp roster -

G:  Blackwood, Appelby, Senn, Cormier

D:  Kapla, Santini, Jacobs, Dyblenko, Walsh, White, Sissons, Chainey, Davies

F:  Hischier, Zacha, McLeod, Bastian, Wood, Quenneville, Anderson, Gignac, Braddock, Kujawinski, Boqvist, Zetterlund, Cangelosi, Popugaev, Bratt, Studenic, Carpenter, Speers, Talvitie, Guay

Edited by Triumph

^who's going to give us a camp report of the 3v3..  that should be enjoyable this year with all of our young forward talent. Although with 2 forwards and a D. You can't tell who is playing center.. which will be the thing to watch this preseason.

1 hour ago, EdgeControl said:

^who's going to give us a camp report of the 3v3..  that should be enjoyable this year with all of our young forward talent. Although with 2 forwards and a D. You can't tell who is playing center.. which will be the thing to watch this preseason.

I'm sure Andrew Gross will be on hand and give us some tidbits.   I have watched some on periscope thanks to NJ Sk8guy (Rich who is no longer with Devils)

1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

Wonder if this means Kerfoot is history? (we did suspect this) or Seney or Dudek? 

Kerfoot didn't come to last year's, but yeah, he is probably history.

NCAA players have to pay their own way to development camp so it's always a question whether they'll show.  I don't really think Dudek has a future in NJ.  I think Seney's been there before so who knows why he's not there this year.

9 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'll be at both events next week, really looking forward to it and I'll definitely report on who I think stands out. I'm not sure yet either but I may have 1 extra 3 on 3 ticket as well.

Can I/we ask (read: beg) you to take some videos and share them here?

I'd kill to be there!  Get something of Hischier doing something awesome :lol:

• Like 2

What else will go on during the weeK? And will the press be allowed access thru most of It?  NHL network look ins...?

How good is mcloeds Shot? Is jesper tough enough, is quenenville ready to step up.? who plays center.  Is this the most exciting off season in 20 years

13 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'll be at both events next week, really looking forward to it and I'll definitely report on who I think stands out. I'm not sure yet either but I may have 1 extra 3 on 3 ticket as well.

look forward to your comments. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

What else will go on during the weeK? And will the press be allowed access thru most of It?  NHL network look ins...?

How good is mcloeds Shot? Is jesper tough enough, is quenenville ready to step up.? who plays center.  Is this the most exciting off season in 20 years

Edit: Is this the first rebuild period in the last 30 years? :P

• Like 1

Cool changing of the times: it was pretty cool going on Instagram and seeing our prospects' IG stories of all being excited on their way to Jersey. Some posted pictures of them packing or on a plane, Bastian posted a picture of McLeod and him having breakfast with the caption "Next stop: Jersey".

All the bad of social media aside, it's cool to get a glimpse into 18-20 year old kids' excitement as they get one step closer to making the NHL.

Edited by DJ Eco

Just scored tickets to tomorrow's 3v3 scrimmage. I have an extra ticket, so if anyone wants to go, just shoot me a PM and I'd be glad to share it. First come first serve.

As an aside, the Devils' forwards are absolutely loaded. 

Hischier, McLeod, Quenneville, Zacha, Speers, Anderson, Boqvist, Popugaev, Bratt, Zetterlund, Bastian, Wood, Gignac. Far cry from when our best prospect was Barry Tallickson.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, SMantzas said:

Just scored tickets to tomorrow's 3v3 scrimmage. I have an extra ticket, so if anyone wants to go, just shoot me a PM and I'd be glad to share it. First come first serve.

As an aside, the Devils' forwards are absolutely loaded. 

Hischier, McLeod, Quenneville, Zacha, Speers, Anderson, Boqvist, Popugaev, Bratt, Zetterlund, Bastian, Wood, Gignac. Far cry from when our best prospect was Barry Tallickson.

That's awesome! what a summer time hockey treat! full report!!!!!!

1 hour ago, CommonDreads said:

I'm assuming Adidas hasn't manufactured any uniforms for the teams to use this summer, because the Devils are sporting the old Reeboks for Development Camp it looks like.

I'm a little surprised about that -- you'd think, especially with the backlash received after the unveiling, that they'd want to get the new jerseys out in the spotlight as quickly as possible and try to form an embrace among the fans.  I guess maybe they want to save it for opening night and make it more special, and also have the actual guys who make the roster sport the new ones rather than a bunch of prospects, but it's still a little surprising.

I would just like to say after seeing some photos that I love our uniforms. Devils looking GREAT out on the ice. We really have the best uniforms in hockey in my opinion. 

Sometimes a player just gets a assigned a random number during camp and it just sticks forever. Maybe 33 will stick...maybe he'll go back to 13.

Edited by '7'