Sign in to follow this  
Triumph

July 2017 Devils' Development Camp Thread

1 minute ago, SMantzas said:

Yup. I mess with Flyers fans a good deal on there lol 

That I noticed.  I love it.  They tend to feel the need to bash our prospects.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SMantzas said:

And I love every bit of it lol. I got banned rather quickly for calling out that roomadbro clown.

If they handed out trophy's for bragging about your prospect pool, the Flyers would need a separate facility to house them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

But that isn't the full length of the ice...?  They're going vertically from side boards to side boards instead of goal to goal?  I would think a scrimmage like that would actually be working on the very things you said they weren't (vision, hands, etc).  If they're not working on vision and hands, I guess that means they're working on shooting?  And if that's the case, I mean, I have a beer like game tonight myself, and I feel like I could easily shoot from side boards to side boards with some heat behind the shot.... it wouldn't even be a challenge for an NHLer, soooo....

Half ice 3 on 3 is a very good drill.which reveals a lot about players...it breaks down the game to its essentials.like 2v1situations. Keeping your eyes on teammates under pressure. It's not easy to find space. It's done in hockey, lacrosse and soccer. From pee wee to pros.. usa hockey has an entire section on small area drills.  And you cram more players on the ice.

• Like 1

lol, blackwood was under seige for that entire video..

4 hours ago, sundstrom said:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bDUDUjFZTEtKcnBKQk5LTm58MURYR3l5V2RtWWVHTaJIIzzczfKu7MKsaLAR51wm_foqZsrghNsFUCUGKjoB

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bDUDjDFZTEtKcnBKQk5LTm58MXZPeHd2ZGpFV29KQlwt6dlaExxP1sjHTjMzC8f1PCCli5-ZC0Ov8MEzKxbW

Don't know how well those will work now, but those were the two periscopes I did on the far side rink. I ended up meeting up w/ @SMantzas. Great to put a face w/ the name. I thought the Devils did a great job w/ the entire event. The guys we saw the most were Boqvist/Zetterlund and Wood/Santini/Bastian. Man o man did Boqvist have his way out there - he looked damn good both offensively and defensively. Popugaev was also impressive - both in size and ability. Mantz basically treated Wood like I used to treat Malakhov. What little I saw of Nico - talent is so clearly there but I thought he looked tired. I think it's a good bet that he has not been training as much since the draft with everything going on. I think he said as much in an interview yesterday.

I thought Walsh and Talvite also looked good too.

You are the fvcking man.

2 hours ago, SMantzas said:

Dude I've love reading your exchanges on the trade board. Had no idea it was you this whole time!

2 hours ago, lucifer91 said:

That I noticed.  I love it.  They tend to feel the need to bash our prospects.

They have such a hard-on for Provorov and love to bash Zacha.

I can't wait for Provorov to inevitably regress and for Zacha to take the next step.

• Like 1

I read HF a lot, but I don't post there because I'd be banned in about 5 minutes if I ever did with the the levels of stupidity that exist over there... There's are a good number of moron Phailures fans on HF that think Zacha is some kind of bust and that Provorov is the second coming of Nik Lidstrom, two years removed from that draft. I want you to go to their sh!tty little board and hammer those fvcks for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Dude I've love reading your exchanges on the trade board. Had no idea it was you this whole time!

Ha one simple comment riles up like 10 people. The real estate inside their heads is getting mighty expensive.  

Edited by SMantzas
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, '7' said:

Jesper Boqvist - JayBo?

No, it's MoQvist. 

37 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No, it's MoQvist. 

That names already taken in ny

I think Nico, Boqvist and Zacha we're on the top that stood out to me

11 hours ago, fsu1852 said:

I think Nico, Boqvist and Zacha we're on the top that stood out to me

And that's exactly what we want to hear.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, '7' said:

And that's exactly what we want to hear.

That could be our future 1st line. 

Zacha-Hischier-Boqvist

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

That could be our future 1st line. 

Zacha-Hischier-Boqvist

giphy.gif

• Like 4

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

PerVist?

You're still doing this?

5 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

You're still doing this?

When duty calls, MoB3st. 

MoB3st is a solid name. I'd keep that one if I were you.

Someone posted some videos of development camp on youtube. You can check the channel for more, but here is one: 

There's also a video of Zacha's famous one timer goal from the same user on youtube.

Another player that really stood out for me is Walsh (57, red), who scored a goal that I found pretty impressive. He also set up a nice goal by Studenic (67) at 3:05, who seems to have a pretty good release.

• Like 2

#67 and Hischier seemed to have pretty good chemistry.   Red seemed to dominate White pretty badly.  Was Wood #44?  He looked terrible, at least on defense.  Missed a really ease cross-crease pass that he should've been able to pick off and defend, and instead if went by him and resulted in a good chance for the other team down low.

13 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

#67 and Hischier seemed to have pretty good chemistry.   Red seemed to dominate White pretty badly.  Was Wood #44?  He looked terrible, at least on defense.  Missed a really ease cross-crease pass that he should've been able to pick off and defend, and instead if went by him and resulted in a good chance for the other team down low.

Regarding wood. There are so many basics that he just never got. And yet he somehow got to this level.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, '7' said:

Regarding wood. There are so many basics that he just never got. And yet he somehow got to this level.

Eh I think I'm just expecting him to do the whole "bull in a china shop" thing on the 4th line for a couple years.

I think people who expect more out of Wood are going to be disappointed.

Edit: Plus I mean, as crazy as it sounds considering he's only 21 years old, he was probably one of the older guys at the camp right?  He looks half-interested out there.

Edited by Devilsfan118

10 hours ago, nessus said:

There's also a video of Zacha's famous one timer goal from the same user on youtube.

How could you tease such a video and not post it ;)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SMantzas said:

Paved Zacha is a beast!

I really, really hope he's due for his breakout year.

He's finally going to have some young talented players on his line.  I really expect him to explode this year.