Sign in to follow this  
Satans Hockey

New scoreboard at the Rock?

DevsMan84    605
22 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I wonder if Philly is getting a newer one as well, I was down there on Sunday and they had their electronic ribbons all down like the rock has right now. 

I have been to WFC, but only for concerts.  Is their scoreboard still the original and/or one that needs a replacement too?

Satans Hockey    726
2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I have been to WFC, but only for concerts.  Is their scoreboard still the original and/or one that needs a replacement too?

It certainly didn't look new to me but I don't know the actual answer.

I don't know if it's the original scoreboard there, but they might need an upgrade even worse than we do.

For those curious about the size being distracting, I didn't find Tampa's huge board distracting when I was down there a few years back, but I was also in the lower level. It definitely beats the hell out of what we have right now.

'7'    571
Posted (edited)

The WFC scoreboard looks a lot like the one we have now. They probably got it right around the time we did. No way that's the original scoreboard from 1996.

Edited by '7'

SMantzas    315
On 7/24/2017 at 6:15 PM, Daniel said:

Per someone I know who talked with Devils marketing, the new scoreboard is definitely coming.  He was told that it was going to be the biggest arena scoreboard in the country.  I wonder though if they're all basically the same size, save a few square feet.

Holy hell, this is great news. 

I went to the inaugural game at the Rock a decade ago and was obviously very impressed by the arena. My single complaint was that the scoreboard was too damn small. Having to squint for replays in the 100s or 200s is not a great experience 

DevsMan84    605

I am at the Rock now for a concert and both rows of the LED ribbon are gone.  Also the center scoreboard is completely gone.

DevsMan84    605

FWIW the guy who broke the Butcher signing also tweeted shortly after that the Devils are indeed getting a new scoreboard.

• Like 1

Satans Hockey    726
2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

FWIW the guy who broke the Butcher signing also tweeted shortly after that the Devils are indeed getting a new scoreboard.

Awesome, I can't wait to see it. 

DevsMan84    605

Saw this posted on FB and this is a nice comparison of the different Jumbotrons in NHL arenas sorted by size.  Last year we were the 3rd smallest.  Smallest was Detroit but now they upgraded theirs for this coming season so if the upgrade doesn't happen we now have the 2nd smallest screen in the NHL.

36235456943_08abbd5508_h.jpg

DevsMan84    605

For those of you who don't have or go on social media:

36654126680_0f12c982c8_z.jpg

36654126630_0b823dcbc1_z.jpg

• Like 1

devlman    100

any pics from those who went to the game last night? How was attending a game without a working scoreboard?

Satans Hockey    726
7 hours ago, devlman said:

any pics from those who went to the game last night? How was attending a game without a working scoreboard?

It was actually kind of weird not to have a scoreboard, I would have liked to seen some replays. It's going to be amazing when it's being used. Here's a picture I took... 

https://preview.ibb.co/goBP8k/20170918_184035.jpg

Edited by Satans Hockey

devlman    100
17 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

It was actually kind of weird not to have a scoreboard, I would have liked to seen some replays. It's going to be amazing when it's being used. Here's a picture I took... 

https://preview.ibb.co/goBP8k/20170918_184035.jpg

That looks so strange for an NHL game. But yeah that def looks like it'll be sweet when working!