February 24th Elias night

Satans Hockey

Well deserved and I can't wait but why a game against the Islanders? Poor choice to me and a wasted opportunity to pack out a game that nobody cares about. 

"On Saturday, February 24, 2018, the New Jersey Devils will retire Patrik Elias' No. 26 jersey and raise it to the rafters.

We are thrilled to honor the achievements of Patty, the all-time franchise points leader and top scorer, with the Devils Membership family."

God fvcking dammit!  Won't be in town for that (Disney cruise with the family).  Man that really sucks...I'm going to HATE missing that one.  Guess I'll be getting screwed ponying up for a Elias puck and banner on e-bay...hopefully MITB will consider working his magic and do another retirement photo (he did an AMAZING job on Brodeur).  Would've been nice if both Patrik and the Devils checked with me first before scheduling this thing.  fvck!

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

God fvcking dammit!  Won't be in town for that (Disney cruise with the family).  Man that really sucks...I'm going to HATE missing that one.  Guess I'll be getting screwed ponying up for a Elias puck and banner on e-bay...hopefully MITB will consider working his magic and do another retirement photo (he did an AMAZING job on Brodeur).  Would've been nice if both Patrik and the Devils checked with me first before scheduling this thing.  fvck!

Cancel the cruise:)

• Like 1

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Would be absolutely a horrible decision if it doesn't. He never played in these new jerseys so it makes 0 sense not to match the other ones. Unless this organization wants to hear fans flip out they won't screw this one up. 

I hope they at least initially have it without the stripe.  I really want to see the entire fanbase have a colossal meltdown of epic proportions.  If I am at the arena that night and they do that I would seriously consider leaving early for safety reasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Also they better get the damn #2 right on this banner, even if they get it right this time the Neids one is going to annoy me even more now seeing it next to a proper one lol

Nieds banner was ALL wrong...kinda surprised that this was never fixed (especially since the one in the practice arena is far more accurate). 

I get the feeling the Elias one will be fine. 

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

I hope they at least initially have it without the stripe.  I really want to see the entire fanbase have a colossal meltdown of epic proportions.  If I am at the arena that night and they do that I would seriously consider leaving early for safety reasons.

:lol:

Oh sweet Jesus if that ever happens...

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Nieds banner was ALL wrong...kinda surprised that this was never fixed (especially since the one in the practice arena is far more accurate). 

I get the feeling the Elias one will be fine. 

:lol:

Oh sweet Jesus if that ever happens...

Yeah it is and I'm surprised they never fixed it but I'm curious to see if they do now cause it will be more obvious since there will be two different #2s now. I know it sounds like nit picking but these things are done so rarely and are supposed to last forever, get it fixed. 

41 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Also they better get the damn #2 right on this banner, even if they get it right this time the Neids one is going to annoy me even more now seeing it next to a proper one lol

The odd thing is the Nieds banner hanging in the practice facility is perfect. I don't understand why they won't fix the one hanging in the main rink. Not like a banner is an expensive fix for an NHL hockey team. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crisis said:

What's wrong with the banner?  I've seen it dozens of times but I don't know if I've ever noticed anything wrong.

Fonts are all completely wrong...both numbers and letters.  Looks like the "4" in 2004 came from a different lot...I suspect it was changed (possibly from a "5") at the last second.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Fonts are all completely wrong...both numbers and letters.  Looks like the "4" in 2004 came from a different lot...I suspect it was changed (possibly from a "5") at the last second.

Ha that is pretty funny.  I'll have to look for it in September.

And my sympathies to the OCD'rs as that must be infuriating.

From Patty's Instagram: 

patrikeliasofficial

Follow

Just announced! What a great honor has been given to me by the New Jersey Devils organization.so happy and grateful to share this special achievement with all devils fans on February 24th 2018. Can't wait! #njdevils#nhl#loyalty#proud#grateful
patrikeliasofficial Just announced! What a great honor has been given to me by the New Jersey Devils organization.so happy and grateful to share this special achievement with all devils fans on February 24th 2018. Can't wait! 
Edited by LittleBallofHate
ETA: sorry it's SO huge!
  • Like 1