Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Satans Hockey

February 24th Elias night

Recommended Posts

Satans Hockey    614

Well deserved and I can't wait but why a game against the Islanders? Poor choice to me and a wasted opportunity to pack out a game that nobody cares about. 

"On Saturday, February 24, 2018, the New Jersey Devils will retire Patrik Elias' No. 26 jersey and raise it to the rafters.

We are thrilled to honor the achievements of Patty, the all-time franchise points leader and top scorer, with the Devils Membership family."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DevsMan84    575

Probably has to do with Elias' availability as well as for his family/friends and the others they are inviting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God fvcking dammit!  Won't be in town for that (Disney cruise with the family).  Man that really sucks...I'm going to HATE missing that one.  Guess I'll be getting screwed ponying up for a Elias puck and banner on e-bay...hopefully MITB will consider working his magic and do another retirement photo (he did an AMAZING job on Brodeur).  Would've been nice if both Patrik and the Devils checked with me first before scheduling this thing.  fvck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DevsMan84    575
4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

God fvcking dammit!  Won't be in town for that (Disney cruise with the family).  Man that really sucks...I'm going to HATE missing that one.  Guess I'll be getting screwed ponying up for a Elias puck and banner on e-bay...hopefully MITB will consider working his magic and do another retirement photo (he did an AMAZING job on Brodeur).  Would've been nice if both Patrik and the Devils checked with me first before scheduling this thing.  fvck!

Cancel the cruise:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satans Hockey    614

Also they better get the damn #2 right on this banner, even if they get it right this time the Neids one is going to annoy me even more now seeing it next to a proper one lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DevsMan84    575

Will Elias' banner have the bottom stripe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satans Hockey    614
Just now, DevsMan84 said:

Will Elias' banner have the bottom stripe?

Would be absolutely a horrible decision if it doesn't. He never played in these new jerseys so it makes 0 sense not to match the other ones. Unless this organization wants to hear fans flip out they won't screw this one up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DevsMan84    575
Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Would be absolutely a horrible decision if it doesn't. He never played in these new jerseys so it makes 0 sense not to match the other ones. Unless this organization wants to hear fans flip out they won't screw this one up. 

I hope they at least initially have it without the stripe.  I really want to see the entire fanbase have a colossal meltdown of epic proportions.  If I am at the arena that night and they do that I would seriously consider leaving early for safety reasons.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Also they better get the damn #2 right on this banner, even if they get it right this time the Neids one is going to annoy me even more now seeing it next to a proper one lol

Nieds banner was ALL wrong...kinda surprised that this was never fixed (especially since the one in the practice arena is far more accurate). 

I get the feeling the Elias one will be fine. 

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

I hope they at least initially have it without the stripe.  I really want to see the entire fanbase have a colossal meltdown of epic proportions.  If I am at the arena that night and they do that I would seriously consider leaving early for safety reasons.

:lol:

Oh sweet Jesus if that ever happens...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satans Hockey    614
3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Nieds banner was ALL wrong...kinda surprised that this was never fixed (especially since the one in the practice arena is far more accurate). 

I get the feeling the Elias one will be fine. 

:lol:

Oh sweet Jesus if that ever happens...

Yeah it is and I'm surprised they never fixed it but I'm curious to see if they do now cause it will be more obvious since there will be two different #2s now. I know it sounds like nit picking but these things are done so rarely and are supposed to last forever, get it fixed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MadDog2020    1,797
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Also they better get the damn #2 right on this banner, even if they get it right this time the Neids one is going to annoy me even more now seeing it next to a proper one lol

The odd thing is the Nieds banner hanging in the practice facility is perfect. I don't understand why they won't fix the one hanging in the main rink. Not like a banner is an expensive fix for an NHL hockey team. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crisis    62

What's wrong with the banner?  I've seen it dozens of times but I don't know if I've ever noticed anything wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redruM    43

already put in my request for the office tickets!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
'7'    552
58 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Will Elias' banner have the bottom stripe?

It had better. And if the team comes out for warmups in Elias 26's it needs to be our real jerseys not the massacred knockoffs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Crisis said:

What's wrong with the banner?  I've seen it dozens of times but I don't know if I've ever noticed anything wrong.

Fonts are all completely wrong...both numbers and letters.  Looks like the "4" in 2004 came from a different lot...I suspect it was changed (possibly from a "5") at the last second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crisis    62
1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Fonts are all completely wrong...both numbers and letters.  Looks like the "4" in 2004 came from a different lot...I suspect it was changed (possibly from a "5") at the last second.

Ha that is pretty funny.  I'll have to look for it in September.

And my sympathies to the OCD'rs as that must be infuriating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martyisth3b3st    1,174
2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

..hopefully MITB will consider working his magic and do another retirement photo (he did an AMAZING job on Brodeur).

I'll absolutely do another retirement photo so whoever has the 3, 4, and 27 gets another match. Once again all I'll ask for in return for the PDF file is some donations to the forum. Do you have that picture of the 4 of them up next to each other in your basement? Looked so sweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aylbert    63
2 hours ago, Crisis said:

What's wrong with the banner?  I've seen it dozens of times but I don't know if I've ever noticed anything wrong.

image.thumb.png.4fab8f02ff112a78fc5e3a6cdb78dc70.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DevsMan84    575

The 7 on the Niedermayer banner is the part that really digs into my OCD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DevsMan84    575
1 hour ago, aylbert said:

image.thumb.png.4fab8f02ff112a78fc5e3a6cdb78dc70.png

What's also funny is that the jersey Niedermayer is wearing is a little off too.  Look at the slant of the 7 compared to a gamer of his:

37231.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martyisth3b3st    1,174
13 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

The 7 on the Niedermayer banner is the part that really digs into my OCD.

The 7 doesn't bug me as much as the "R"s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John Wensink    11

Look at the length of the top of the 2's. The jersey's is wider (and better)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MadDog2020    1,797
26 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

The 7 on the Niedermayer banner is the part that really digs into my OCD.

The whole banner does that for me. I mean look at that 2- not even close. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

From Patty's Instagram: 

patrikeliasofficial

Follow

Just announced! What a great honor has been given to me by the New Jersey Devils organization.so happy and grateful to share this special achievement with all devils fans on February 24th 2018. Can't wait! #njdevils#nhl#loyalty#proud#grateful
patrikeliasofficial Just announced! What a great honor has been given to me by the New Jersey Devils organization.so happy and grateful to share this special achievement with all devils fans on February 24th 2018. Can't wait! 
Edited by LittleBallofHate
ETA: sorry it's SO huge!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×