February 24th Elias night

Satans Hockey

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

The 7 on the Niedermayer banner is the part that really digs into my OCD.

I don't even have OCD, it annoys me just because it's wrong and it's embarrassing that something like this was never checked or fixed in the first place. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

14 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't even have OCD, it annoys me just because it's wrong and it's embarrassing that something like this was never checked or fixed in the first place. 

I think the reason nothing was done prior to the ceremony was that it was probably too late to have a font-accurate one fabricated...I get the feeling the Devils got the Niedermayer banner with a few days to spare, if that many...so they just rolled with it (as fvcked up as that banner was).  I think the "4" was the only change made (hastily) after the Devils took possession of it.  But I'm surprised that it hasn't yet been replaced...with three perfectly correct retirement banners (I know that Marty's was shorter in height originally, but IIRC it's since been fixed), Nieds' really just looks wrong...if anything, I would think the manufacturer would be willing to re-do it at a bit of a discount...especially if they were the ones responsible for the fonts being so off. 

• Like 1

And it's a double-whammy that I'm missing this...because I have no idea when we'll see another jersey retirement night...on the current roster, the only guys I can see having any shot at that honor right at this moment are Greene or Zajac, mostly because they might wind up playing 1000 games each as a Devil, but they feel like serious longshots at best (a lot would have to happen for them to feel like truly legit candidates).  It's just too early to speculate on anyone else who's currently a Devil. 

All of the ceremonies have been terrific so far and very memorable (I've been to all except Stevens...saw his on TV), but Brodeur's was even more epic...just incredibly well-done.  I know it that will be the same for Patrik. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

51 minutes ago, gardenstatepkwy said:

Guessing tickets for this are going to sell out real quick and be insanely expensive on the secondary market.

They will be high, but I am not sure if it will be Brodeur Night high.

Also the prices now on Stubhub are insane due to very low inventory.  Season ticket holders have not received their ticket packages yet and individual tickets have also not yet gone on sale.  Once the inventory increases then the prices should come down at least a little bit.

I am fully expecting and preparing to pay $100-150 a seat for this night.  It is is higher I will just have to tough it out.

21 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

They will be high, but I am not sure if it will be Brodeur Night high.

Also the prices now on Stubhub are insane due to very low inventory.  Season ticket holders have not received their ticket packages yet and individual tickets have also not yet gone on sale.  Once the inventory increases then the prices should come down at least a little bit.

I am fully expecting and preparing to pay $100-150 a seat for this night.  It is is higher I will just have to tough it out.

I think your estimates on pricing are probably about right.  And I'm with you on just biting the bullet on whatever they cost.  How fast do you think the individual tickets for this night sell out once on sale?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Apparently there might be a presale for regular season games tomorrow for season ticket holders. I haven't received any emails about this though, has anyone heard anything and if the Elias game will be a part of it? 

nobody knows. supposedly an e-mail will be sent out tomorrow morning with full details with your password.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, devils744 said:

It didn't help that they went live at 9 but the email didn't come till around 9:40. Luckily I was able to get great mezz seats for this.

Definitely not, I found out via hf board and I'm thrilled I got them. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone at this point because the ticket staff operations have been miserable so far this off season. 

So...I was hoping to snag a few extra tickets to this game but my STH number came up as "invalid" when I put the code in. Apparently a lot of people had this issue as well. Really sucks. I'm glad I still have tickets anyway but it would have been nice. Oh well.

Rumor has it all but 4-6 reps have been let go. I don't even know if my rep is still with the company anymore. Might shoot him a call later just to see if his phone is still connected. sh!tstorm is brewing...

7 minutes ago, Weekes Head said:

So...I was hoping to snag a few extra tickets to this game but my STH number came up as "invalid" when I put the code in. Apparently a lot of people had this issue as well. Really sucks. I'm glad I still have tickets anyway but it would have been nice. Oh well.

Rumor has it all but 4-6 reps have been let go. I don't even know if my rep is still with the company anymore. Might shoot him a call later just to see if his phone is still connected. sh!tstorm is brewing...

Mine worked fine, I have no rhyme or reason as to why it wouldn't work for people. I used my pc and had no problem, maybe it was a mobile website /app issue? 

16 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Mine worked fine, I have no rhyme or reason as to why it wouldn't work for people. I used my pc and had no problem, maybe it was a mobile website /app issue? 

I dunno...it's possible. tried it thru the email on my phone and that didn't work, so I moved into the app which also failed. I used my laptop and at that point it would have been useless because the tickets were already well gone by then. Frustrating. 

2 minutes ago, thelastonealive said:

I really hope I'm able to pull a ticket to this come Friday, but in the event that I don't, if any of you season ticket folk somehow wind up with extra, do keep me in mind?

I have 4 tickets...if for some reason my brother's gf can't go (which is somewhat likely) you're more than welcome to come with us.

38 minutes ago, thelastonealive said:

I really hope I'm able to pull a ticket to this come Friday, but in the event that I don't, if any of you season ticket folk somehow wind up with extra, do keep me in mind?

I'd be surprised if they put any on sale at this point. Probably keeping them to sell packages. I'm definitely curious though to see how it goes. 

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'd be surprised if they put any on sale at this point. Probably keeping them to sell packages. I'm definitely curious though to see how it goes. 

Yeah that scares me a bit. I lucked into Marty night tickets because I bought tickets as part of a group sales thing before it was even announced as Marty night. They seem to have planned ahead a bit further with this one.