Sign in to follow this  
LittleBallofHate

Will Butcher Agrees to Terms with Devils

1 hour ago, yort44 said:

If you want to know how bad some of the STH are, just go to a meet the players event and watch how many of them ask "who are you?" to guys like Andy Greene (witnessed that last year).   I'm hoping (for credibility sake) that many of these meet the players event tickets are given away by the STH to friends and relatives and are not indicative of their hockey acumen.  

Last season, I saw was a guy arguing that he should get a free cup of cheese dip for his pretzel because he was a STH. He didn't just suggest it once, he was persistently making a case for free cheese. He did not get it (in several ways), and I am guessing I could have named off like 10 players and he would have had no idea who they are. 

2 hours ago, yort44 said:

If you want to know how bad some of the STH are, just go to a meet the players event and watch how many of them ask "who are you?" to guys like Andy Greene (witnessed that last year).   I'm hoping (for credibility sake) that many of these meet the players event tickets are given away by the STH to friends and relatives and are not indicative of their hockey acumen.  

There's always been stupid fans, only difference now is social media gives them a platform to be seen and heard a lot more. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I was going to say the same thing.  A GM may not bear all of the responsibility, whether's blame or praise, but he gets 90% of it.  He's definitely involved in making the decisions -- maybe not all of them, but absolutely the important ones, and even on the little stuff, it's his staff making the decisions, which for the most part, he appointed, so one way or another it all goes up the ladder to him and falls on his shoulders.

Yeah and a lot of the reason the franchise finally tanked under Lou (besides the VBK/off-ice stuff he had nothing to do with) is how bad the drafting was his last decade here.

59 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Yeah and a lot of the reason the franchise finally tanked under Lou (besides the VBK/off-ice stuff he had nothing to do with) is how bad the drafting was his last decade here.

Was watching a "Best of" game and they reminded me Jacob Josefson was a first round pick (20th). That's a good example.

Picked that year after JJ were these guys, who I would rather have.

John Moore

Marcus Johanssen 

Kyle Palmieri

Uhh, wait. We have all those guys!! I guess Ray agrees with me. 

Moving on:

Ryan O'Reilly

Jakob Silfverberg

Tomas Tartar

Tyson Barrie

Cody Eakin

Everyone not named Jacob Josefson

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Was watching a "Best of" game and they reminded me Jacob Josefson was a first round pick (20th). That's a good example.

Picked that year after JJ were these guys, who I would rather have.

John Moore

Marcus Johanssen 

Kyle Palmieri

Uhh, wait. We have all those guys!! I guess Ray agrees with me. 

Moving on:

Ryan O'Reilly

Jakob Silfverberg

Tomas Tartar

Tyson Barrie

Cody Eakin

Everyone not named Jacob Josefson

This!

For every O'Reilly, Silfverberg, or Palmieri, there's at least one player who amounted to nothing at the NHL level that was taken around the JJ selection. I can't be too mad at the pick, especially because JJ was able to produce at a decent rate at literally every level except the NHL. I was holding out hope for him for a very long time given his AHL, SHL, and world juniors performances. Besides, it's not like Lou did anything really ridiculous like electing to not forfeit the first round pick that was second-to-last. 

On 8/27/2017 at 5:25 PM, MadDog2020 said:

It means FIRE HYNES

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. And what else?

15 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Also since he's a Will/Bill , we can still use BB8

All Bills are Wills, but not all Wills are Bills.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Crisis said:

All Bills are Wills, but not all Wills are Bills.

:lol: You guys... 

• Like 1