2017-2018 Prospects Thread

Derlique

46 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Corey Pronman rated us the fifth best prospect system, fwiw.  I like him generally because he seems to have the most sober view of prospects generally.  However, I lost a lot of respect for him with the Cale Makar click bait post.

He did apologize profusely for the error, but yeah, his confidence was very annoying. I like him as well but couldn't justify Insider when they canned Custance

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Is espn just going to give up hockey coverage all together and just repost AP headlines?  I mean who would be left?  LeBrun?

LeBrun is already gone.  I haven't looked at ESPN hockey coverage in a serious way in a long time but yeah, clearly that is their intent.  I doubt Insider is doing great, they cut the best writers and now the Athletic is a thing.

On 8/15/2017 at 8:49 PM, Triumph said:

LeBrun is already gone.  I haven't looked at ESPN hockey coverage in a serious way in a long time but yeah, clearly that is their intent.  I doubt Insider is doing great, they cut the best writers and now the Athletic is a thing.

The Athletic has been great for hockey but do you think they've made a dent in other sports? 

Ian Pulz has been tweeting about the U-20 4 Nations games. Here's some of the updates, from most recent to Aug 23: 

Yegor Zaitsev scores the go-ahead goal for Team Russia while short-handed to win 2-1 #NJDevils

Yegor Zaitsev also on RUS's 4th def. pairing, played 2nd pairing for them yesterday

U20 4Nations today, Mikhail Maltsev top-line C for RUS, Fabian Zetterlund top-line RW for SWE & Aarne Talvitie topline RW for FIN #NJDevils

Also fun to note that for the U20 Four Nations Tournament, Yegor Zaitsev has the "C" for Russia and Mikhail Maltsev has an "A" #NJDevils

In the U20 match between RUS vs. SWE, Mikhail Maltsev scored a goal (1st line C) & Fabian Zetterlund had 2 assists (2nd line LW) #NJDevils

Aarne Talvitie centering the 2nd line for the Finnish U20 National Team #NJDevils

Ian Pulz‏ @HockeyPulz  Aug 23  Yegor Rykov registered 14:24 minutes on ice today and registered an assist for SKA in their 7-1 victory #NJDevils

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Ian Pulz has been tweeting about the U-20 4 Nations games. Here's some of the updates, from most recent to Aug 23: 

Yegor Zaitsev scores the go-ahead goal for Team Russia while short-handed to win 2-1 #NJDevils

Yegor Zaitsev also on RUS's 4th def. pairing, played 2nd pairing for them yesterday

U20 4Nations today, Mikhail Maltsev top-line C for RUS, Fabian Zetterlund top-line RW for SWE & Aarne Talvitie topline RW for FIN #NJDevils

Also fun to note that for the U20 Four Nations Tournament, Yegor Zaitsev has the "C" for Russia and Mikhail Maltsev has an "A" #NJDevils

In the U20 match between RUS vs. SWE, Mikhail Maltsev scored a goal (1st line C) & Fabian Zetterlund had 2 assists (2nd line LW) #NJDevils

Aarne Talvitie centering the 2nd line for the Finnish U20 National Team #NJDevils

Ian Pulz‏ @HockeyPulz  Aug 23  Yegor Rykov registered 14:24 minutes on ice today and registered an assist for SKA in their 7-1 victory #NJDevils

I'm sorry, do we have two prospects named "Yegor"? That's awesome!

On 8/22/2017 at 4:10 PM, LittleBallofHate said:

A little article on Kevin Rooney because, why not, not much else going on...  Nothing earth shattering - read if you're bored :D 

http://canton.wickedlocal.com/news/20170821/cantons-rooney-excited-about-nhl-shot

amazing! thanks for sharing! and thanks for the link. am i the only one who is so excited about what's about to come? :D

19 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

WOOT! :evil:

Amanda Stein‏Verified account @amandacstein

We'll be heading to Buff next wk for the Prospects Challenge. I'll have full coverage for you, including my life on the road via Instagram!

And yes, @NJDevils fans! We will be streaming the games so you can keep your eyes on all the action!

Look forward to it.  

Quiet day on the NJD board so I'll post this article with a few tidbits about Popugaev (with bonus Matvichuk quotes!): 

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/sports/popugaev-key-in-cougars-preseason-win-1.22369477?utm_content=bufferc2216&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Nikita Popugaev is tuning up his act for the NHL and on Friday afternoon in Red Deer the big Russian winger served up a reminder why he was so highly-coveted by the Prince George Cougars when they made the trade to acquire him last January.

"Big Poppy was flying, that's the best I've seen him skate," said Cougars head coach Richard Matvichuk.

"It was good to see that he has that confidence that he had at the end of the year. He's a player for us no doubt. With his skating and his physical presence, he was the best player on the ice."

• Like 3