2017-2018 Prospects Thread

Derlique

4 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

You saved me the trouble of posting this  😀  I especially liked this bit at the end - it should be interesting to see how much of a motivator the two open spots are for the kids this summer: 

"They told us at the start of development camp that they were looking for two guys in that room to make the team this year, so I say to myself, 'Why not me? I know I'm able to do it. I know I fit into what the organization is looking for. So I just want to prove to them that I've worked hard to earn the opportunity to make the team and will give them everything I have.

He stopped and smiled before continuing: "I am so excited for camp this year. You have no idea. I can't wait for September."   <- Amen to that. 

25 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sounds like a kid that loves to hockey. I like him.

• Like 1

Some good quotes from Julie in this Cam Johnson article (snippet below):  http://binghamtondevils.com/news/?article_id=286

“When I knew I was going to Binghamton, I saw Tariq Hammond had just signed there too and I was like, ‘Oh great, Denver’s captain,’ because I did not like playing against him the past four years, but hockey players are cool dudes and I’ll be happy to go to battle with him this year. He’s no longer my rival. He’s one of my brothers,” Johnson explained. 

“Between him and Joey Anderson at Minnesota-Duluth, we all know who each other are and, a couple months ago, I’m sure we didn’t like each other because we’ve just been battling the last few years against each other,” he continued. “So, it’s been really nice to get to shake their hands and get to know them outside of how much of a pain in the butt they are on the ice because as good as they are at hockey, they’re just as good people. It will be great to have them on my side and be there teammate now. We’re all here for the same reason. We love the sport and we’re lucky to be able to call it our job now.” 

Interestingly enough, all three have won national championships - Johnson and North Dakota in 2016, Hammond and Denver in 2017 and Anderson and Minnesota Duluth this past April. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleBallofHate said:

@DevilsInsiders   #NJDevils 2016 4th round pick Mikhail Maltsev centering the 3rd line for SKA of the KHL in their preseason game today. Skating with former 1st overall pick Nail Yakupov on his wing.

Jeez Yak is a bottom 6 player in the KHL? 

Do players in the K (typical journeyman players) get paid anything like in NHL? I'm sure you have a few high end guys that get the big bucks.  But, overall decent salary (on par in Russia)

1 hour ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Apparently - or at least in preseason... 

It was good feed, but piss poor Defensive play there and horrific attempt to stop it.

• Like 1