Sign in to follow this  
Ralliart90

Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2017-18 New Jersey Devils

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Well apparently the behemoth gives off a lot of heat & they had to move the practice from the regular rink to the practice rink because the new scoreboard messed with the ice!  :rolleyes:  Let's get that fixed pronto! 

Andrew Gross‏ Verified account @AGrossRecord

One observation from #NJDevils players about new GIANT scoreboard. It emits a lot of heat. One player said felt 20 degrees hotter underneath. 

Second part of practice was conducted on practice rink. Players said ice was not very good on game rink.

If the new scoreboard is actually melting the ice, that is hysterical. 

Edited by mfitz804

The true NJ guy really stood out with that last question.

And seriously? The nutmeg state?  Goddammit Lovejoy, you're not doing yourself any favors here.

• Haha 2

Henrique on "What is a jughandle": "What is a what?"

CORRECTION :D

Andrew Gross ‏Verified account @AGrossRecord

Clarification from those in know at Pru Center, re: conditions under scoreboard - Told definitely NOT a heat-emitting scoreboard...

...Today's conditions a combo of humid weather outside and late changeover from concert night before. Hot all over building today.

11 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

CORRECTION :D

Clarification from those in know at Pru Center, re: conditions under scoreboard - Told definitely NOT a heat-emitting scoreboard...

...Today's conditions a combo of humid weather outside and late changeover from concert night before. Hot all over building today.

Well that saves a total embarrassment 

• Like 1

Sadly it won't shut up all the people commenting stupid sh!t about the scoreboard and the temperatures. It's really scary how stupid people can be. 

Posted (edited)

All you morons spend your time bitching about the “floaties” look of the Devils new arm sleeves. Now they’ve got a scoreboard that will turn the ice into a pool, thus creating the NEED FOR FLOATIES!

Yall people were playing checkers while the Devils were playing 4-D chess. Bow, you sh!ts.

Edited by Martyisth3b3st
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Well apparently the behemoth gives off a lot of heat & they had to move the practice from the regular rink to the practice rink because the new scoreboard messed with the ice!  :rolleyes:  Let's get that fixed pronto! 
Andrew Gross‏ Verified account @AGrossRecord
One observation from #NJDevils players about new GIANT scoreboard. It emits a lot of heat. One player said felt 20 degrees hotter underneath. 
Second part of practice was conducted on practice rink. Players said ice was not very good on game rink.

https://goo.gl/images/gEq2J6

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

CORRECTION

Aw meme is meaningless now.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

All you morons spend your time bitching about the “floaties” look of the Devils new arm sleeves. Now they’ve got a scoreboard that will turn the ice into a pool, thus creating the NEED FOR FLOATIES!

Yall people were playing checkers while the Devils were playing 4-D chess. Bow, you sh!ts.

wtf

15 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

This is absolutely priceless!

16 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I don't think we do post of the day/week anymore, but this would qualify holy sh!t :lol:

I wonder if the current state of the New York sports scene can positively affect our attendance this season. I could be wrong, but as far as I can recall, this is the first time since the early 90s where in mid-October, all of these are occurring: the Giants stink, the Jets are irrelevant, the Yankees don't have a deep playoff run in the cards, both NBA teams are awful, and the rags and isles aren't contenders for anything.

5 hours ago, devlman said:

I wonder if the current state of the New York sports scene can positively affect our attendance this season. I could be wrong, but as far as I can recall, this is the first time since the early 90s where in mid-October, all of these are occurring: the Giants stink, the Jets are irrelevant, the Yankees don't have a deep playoff run in the cards, both NBA teams are awful, and the rags and isles aren't contenders for anything.

The Giants do indeed stink and will definitely be irrelevant from here on out...the fact that they lost a slew of receivers yesterday pretty much means that whatever minuscule hope they might have had for any kind of run is toast. 

The Jets do have a big chance to make their season a bit more interesting if they can beat the Patriots on Sunday...it wouldn't have mattered if the Jets were 0-5 or 1-4 to this point, but they're 3-2 and currently tied with the Pats in the standings.  Sounds crazy to suggest that the Jets can pull off the upset here, and they have definitely benefitted from a soft early schedule, but they've also gone a respectable 3-7 against the Pats in the last five seasons, and eight of those games came down to seven points or less.  A Jet win might keep their fanbase engaged a bit longer...4-2 and in first place and knocking off the defending Super Bowl champs and their most hated rival would give that fanbase some hope for a while...or at least a reason to remain engaged a bit longer.

Yankees won last night and aren't dead yet.  But even if they do go all the way to the World Series, not like the baseball season has much time left anyway...it will be over by 11/1 no matter what.  Not much impact to be felt there.

Not sure how much crossover there is between basketball and NHL fans, but yeah, both teams looking like they're going to suck this season can't hurt.  

Don't think you can write off the Rangers because they lost their first two games (they did win last night).  They've made the playoffs in 10 out of their last 11 seasons, and though I think they're on the wrong side of the competitive mountain now, I don't see them falling so far that they won't see the postseason in 2017-18...at the very least, they'll be more than competitive enough to keep their fans very interested.  Also keep in mind that the Blowshirt faithful flock to the Garden to watch that team no matter what...even when they were missing the playoffs for seven years running, they kept showing up.   

Don't see too many hard-core Islander fans suddenly becoming interested in the Devils. 

I guess maybe you might see the most minor of boosts due to the state of the rest of locals, but nothing so significant that you'd ever notice.  At least the marketing of this team should only improve as we leave Lou's era behind...hell, it has nowhere to go but up.  It will obviously help A LOT of Hischier can become one of the top young players in the game...Devils have had their share of excellent players and even some Hall of Famers of course, but a potential offensive dynamo like Hischier could really suck in the more casual fan.  As good as Elias often was, he was more of a "have to watch a lot of games and really understand the nuances of the game as a fan to truly appreciate him" kind of player.  Based on what I saw in his first game and the preseason (and that's a puny sample to be sure), Hischier could truly electrify...if he ultimately turns in a career like Elias' in terms of general production and success, I won't complain one bit (not like 1000+ point players grow on trees), but I think he can be that "Did you see THAT?!" dynamic kind of guy...that truly nightly-highlight-reel special kind of forward that the Devils have never really had (and that's not a knock on guys like Elias or MacLean or any of the other terrific and productive players that they've had...more just the reality of our history). 

• Like 1

Agree on your points but there's no way the Jets are upsetting the Pats lol. It's one thing to beat the Browns...Anyway, hopefully some of those folks who would normally put their recreation money towards a Giants or Jets game would lose interest in these two loser teams fast enough to consider dropping it instead on a Devils game.

Just now, devlman said:

Agree on your points but there's no way the Jets are upsetting the Pats lol. It's one thing to beat the Browns...Anyway, hopefully some of those folks who would normally put their recreation money towards a Giants or Jets game would lose interest in these two loser teams fast enough to consider dropping it instead on a Devils game.

On the first one, the Jets have a way of randomingly beating the Pats when no one really thinks it's possible...or at least find a way to keep the game close.  Pats are having some issues now as well (particularly on D).  Not saying that I think the Jets will get it done, but I'm not ruling it out.

Yeah, would be nice to see the "let me check out a local sporting event" crowd head to the Rock, but in my experience, it has not been easy turning people on to the Devils...I have a lot of friends who are sports fans who I've taken to games on my dime (just in the hope that they would get in to it and want to go more), but for some reason it just doesn't take.  That's why I'm so hopeful that Hischier can really become something special sooner than later, but it's unfair to ask too much of him so early.  Not easy to storm the NHL as an 18-year-old, no matter how talented you are. 

On 10/4/2017 at 11:12 AM, SMantzas said:

I think Blandisi or Q replace Bratt if/when they send him back. I'm thinking it'll take something like 5 pts in 9 games for Bratt for him to stick for the season.

Well okay then.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2017 at 6:27 PM, Martyisth3b3st said:

1501336006484.gif

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:12 AM, SMantzas said:

I think Blandisi or Q replace Bratt if/when they send him back. I'm thinking it'll take something like 5 pts in 9 games for Bratt for him to stick for the season.

How about five points in two games?

Seven more games...hope he can pull it off and make it happen.  Would be a great story.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Well okay then.

I meant 20 points in 9 games!

• Haha 1

Of course, if we lose the next game, there will still be people calling for Schneider and Hall to be traded and for Hynes to be fired. 

Of course, if we lose the next game, there will still be people calling for Schneider and Hall to be traded and for Hynes to be fired. 

You mean.... FIRE HYNES?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You mean.... FIRE HYNES?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did, in fact, mean exactly that. 

• Like 1

This is an article about Jesper Bratt mainly but it does explain why Lovejoy has been scratched - to his credit, Hynes really has been sticking by this: 

“We came into this year saying that the last couple years weren’t good enough,” added Hynes. “It didn’t matter who you were – older guy, younger guy, high draft, low draft, free agent, tryout player – we’re going to play the best guys. We wanted guys to come in here and help us turn this thing around.”

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sixth-rounder-bratt-came-nowhere-excel-devils/