2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Have to compliment the author for including the following aside:

(It's very confusing why he wouldn't just pee in the bathroom if he was already in there doing cocaine, but that's neither here nor there.) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

That's a PR nightmare.  

Only for him...he's without an NHL team right now (hard to think that he'll ever play for another one after this, if this incident turns out to be 100% true).

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Have to compliment the author for including the following aside:

(It's very confusing why he wouldn't just pee in the bathroom if he was already in there doing cocaine, but that's neither here nor there.) 

Yeah, that's a pretty good one.  I always wonder what these guys think one they've sobered up...assuming they actually remember the gory details...I did WHAT?!

Connor McDavid is just insane.  I mean goal 1 was just being in right place at right time, but they dominated that shift.  The third was empty net, but the second....the speed and the finish of that guy is just amazing.  He has all the tools of Crosby, but faster. 

• Like 2

Connor McDavid is the most dynamic player I've ever watched, obviously Sid was phenomenal when he first came into the league as well but for me Connor is on another level. I've never seen a player with his speed, hands, smarts, and confidence all wrapped into one package, he can do things no one else in the NHL can, it's a treat to watch.

• Like 2

I think its the whole two 33 win seasons and that Calder

And even those seasons were mediocre. Thinking that Mason is going to come in and solve what are pretty substantial goaltending problems on that team is not smart. Just my two cents.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

And even those seasons were mediocre. Thinking that Mason is going to come in and solve what are pretty substantial goaltending problems on that team is not smart. Just my two cents.

Agreed whole heartedly

1 hour ago, CommonDreads said:

Connor McDavid is the most dynamic player I've ever watched, obviously Sid was phenomenal when he first came into the league as well but for me Connor is on another level. I've never seen a player with his speed, hands, smarts, and confidence all wrapped into one package, he can do things no one else in the NHL can, it's a treat to watch.

I just wish he had gone anywhere except to the Oilers.

That awful ownership group / management group is getting a pass because they lucked into McDavid.  Many years of terrible mismanagement are now forgotten.

26 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

That awful ownership group / management group is getting a pass because they lucked into McDavid.  Many years of terrible mismanagement are now forgotten.

Anywhere? How about the Rags or Flyers? :P

36 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Yeah I can think of a lot of places I am glad he didn't end up with.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Yeah just that fact alone kind of makes me hate the Oilers now. 

But at least he's not on a division rival. 

31 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Anywhere? How about the Rags or Flyers? :P

21 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Yeah I can think of a lot of places I am glad he didn't end up with.

Yeah after posting that one I stand corrected, glad he didn't end up in the Metro :lol:

I think it would've been awesome to have him on a team like the Panthers, Yotes, Hurricanes, or even Jackets (metro aside).. though I suppose it's better for the sport as a whole for him to be in a Canadian market.

Agreed. fvck Edmonton. I'm just now realizing how amazing it is to have TWO(Hischier & Zacha) overall top ten picks In your system and they have been loaded in that category since like what? '08?

We can say it was injuries, maybe too young of a roster, but the management there is seemingly off the hook, as it were.

• Like 1

I just wish he had gone anywhere except to the Oilers. That awful ownership group / management group is getting a pass because they lucked into McDavid.  Many years of terrible mismanagement are now forgotten.

The management group you speak of didn't luck into McDavid. Peter Chiarelli and Bob Nicholson did. They had nothing to do with Kevin Lowe's Milbury-esque incompetence. Now if you wanna talk about that little rat-faced owner of theirs, that's a different story....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's unbelievable. He has a chance to be one of the three or four best players who's ever lived. I don't throw that type of praise around lightly either, he really has a chance. He's THAT good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk