2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

There was yet another controversial offsides last night in the Isles Montreal game with MTL being screwed. Yet again hockey persobalities lost their sh!t over the review process. 

Its as if it only matters when an original six team, or a Canadian club for that matter, gets dicked over, but not when the red headed step child from the Metro area gets screwed twice in three nights 

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

There was yet another controversial offsides last night in the Isles Montreal game with MTL being screwed. Yet again hockey persobalities lost their sh!t over the review process. 

Its as if it only matters when an original six team, or a Canadian club for that matter, gets dicked over, but not when the red headed step child from the Metro area gets screwed twice in three nights 

That was my thought as well.  Where was the outrage when the same thing happened to us twice in consecutive games which would have broken the tie and given us leads in the third period each time?  Oh, but because it's Montreal, now every know it all hockey writer has to take to twitter to go on a diatribe about the great injustice that was suffered, and how the rule needs to be changed.  I hate the offsides challenge, so maybe this will help get the rule amended to something more manageable so we don't keep taking more goals off the board in a league starved for scoring to begin with. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chuck the Duck said:

That was my thought as well.  Where was the outrage when the same thing happened to us twice in consecutive games which would have broken the tie and given us leads in the third period each time?  Oh, but because it's Montreal, now every know it all hockey writer has to take to twitter to go on a diatribe about the great injustice that was suffered, and how the rule needs to be changed.  I hate the offsides challenge, so maybe this will help get the rule amended to something more manageable so we don't keep taking more goals off the board in a league starved for scoring to begin with. 

Also, McDavid also says something a week or so after the Blues one and magically it’s front and center under the microscope.

I’m glad it’s really being criticized, but it should take a “superstar” to criticize it for it to be a major taking point. If anything, Hall doing his best to deflect the attention to playing better and away from the refs/NHL stupidity should have made it more prominanet.

In either case, MacKenzie was saying last night to do away with skate in the air or not making it offsides, if I followed that thread correctly. 

I lost my sh!t over the review process too- see above. That fvcking rule needs to go NOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Devil killer Jussi Jokinen is on waivers from LA.
$1.1m cap hit expiring after this season.
i haven’t seen jack from him this year and I know we’re looking to go young but would it be an idea to have a 34 year old help us in areas such as the SO, for free?

He can't be worse than Stafford or Hayes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

Good for Jonny, despite what most of our fanbase said about him I always liked him and thought he was a quality NHL defender.

I'm glad he found a home. I just got frustrated with him from waiting for him to get his sh!t together in college to the ups and downs at the NHL level here

6 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Ducks beating Pittsburgh 4-1 after 2. Rico with a goal. 

image.jpeg

Just his third goal and fourth point in his last 16.  Good timing though...thanks Rico!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just his third goal and fourth point in his last 16.  Good timing though...thanks Rico!

Out of pure curiosity yesterday I peeked over into the Henrique thread in the Ducks section of HFboards.  The fans there by and large think they got the better end of the deal.  A lot of the comments were questioning why Devils fans were so down on him as they don't see him as bad as we think he is.

11 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Out of pure curiosity yesterday I peeked over into the Henrique thread in the Ducks section of HFboards.  The fans there by and large think they got the better end of the deal.  A lot of the comments were questioning why Devils fans were so down on him as they don't see him as bad as we think he is.

My sentiments exactly.

4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Probably helps a little that his not contributing much offensively doesn't seem to be hurting them much...they're 9-5-2 in the 16 games that I referenced. 

I don't think we ever saw him as bad, more just as someone who had become expendable with the influx of young talent and other bodies, and a guy who when moved could help the Devils fill a need elsewhere.  Outside of a couple of magical moments, making the most out of his limited shots (15.0% career shooting%), and happening to score 30 goals once, I think he is what he is...pretty much an OK player who can play in a number of roles.  A deal that made sense for both teams at the time it was made, and I think that Vatanen will be a good Devil.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Did anyone think he was bad? Just not indisposable. Probably the same as they thought of Vatanen.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone thought Rico was a bad hockey player... but he was getting paid to contribute offensively, and he wasn't doing that all too well.

We already have one well-paid offensive deadbeat center in Zajac (see other thread), we really didn't need another hanging around right now imo.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don't think we ever saw him as bad, more just as someone who had become expendable with the influx of young talent and other bodies, and a guy who when moved could help the Devils fill a need elsewhere.  Outside of a couple of magical moments, making the most out of his limited shots (15.0% career shooting%), and happening to score 30 goals once, I think he is what he is...pretty much an OK player who can play in a number of roles.  A deal that made sense for both teams at the time it was made, and I think that Vatanen will be a good Devil.

Yeah bingo, well said.

Edited by Devilsfan118

I think I used the wrong word to describe Henrique.

The fans over there were largely saying how when Henrique isn't producing that he contributes a lot in other ways.  Some actually think he is better with Perry and Getzlaf is.  I know Henrique was decent on the PK but from what I saw there were plenty of games where he did absolutely nothing.