Only 6 years between posts lol

SC Devs Fan

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I know this was made as a joke but I actually feel this way too, it's funny to me in this day and age when it's been easier than ever before to watch 5 mins of highlights that the teams and league provide for free of the games if you are too busy to watch. A thing they have been doing for years now so it's nothing even new. 

Most people are glued to their phones and can login and post once a week/month at the very least and all of a sudden people are coming back out of nowhere cause the team has some good games... Lol.

The bandwagon is always open though and we need all the fans we can get but it's still amusing to me.

I mean, it was kind of a joke, but not without being somewhat serious. I've battled my own apathy about results of games and some of the day to day stuff over the last half decade, and yea, sometimes my activity here might dip, or come to a halt during the offseason (I keep up with everything, but honestly hate talking hockey in the summer), but even at my least active here, I post, like you said, weekly, or monthly at worst, and am still watching every game I'm free to watch. And yea, like CR said, the more the meaningless years dragged on, I might have been less plugged in shift to shift, but to lose interest entirely and jump right back on when things look like they're getting better, come on. Yea, the bandwagon is always open, and I would never discourage anyone from following this team, but especially for old fans who lost interest when we were bad and are coming back on board, it's like, we suffered with the endless misery of boring, losing hockey for years. We watched this team be one of the oldest in the league and finish in the basement, you can't get any worse than that. We watched Scott Gomez and Steve Bernier on the powerplay and thought where the hell is the light at the end of this tunnel. We saw what were average prospects at absolute best flame out, and the cupboard never get restocked. We saw the front office try to put together a competitive group by signing Clowe, Ryder, Jagr, Cammalleri.

So, in summation, yes, I want everyone in the fold. I've been screaming about how this organization has refused to ever make a real attempt at growing this fan base, so I'm not going to tell new and returning fans that they're not welcome, absolutely not. But, we'll have the satisfaction of having lived and died with this team through some of the leanest times possible when this group does breakthrough. It just won't be as sweet for the people who came and went when that next banner gets raised.

• Like 3

meh, I saw this thread and had to reply. Haven't been here in awhile. You may remember me as "NCDevsFan". ( Now I sound like Troy McClure). Not sure when my display name got changed. lol.  Anyway, I didn't want to spend the money on Center Ice and such so its been a few years since I have seen a Devs game on TV. Still catch them when I can against the Candy Canes and usually sit behind their bench. I guess that sort of makes me bandwagon. Happy to see them playing better. Anyone down here in NC? Hit me up and we'll catch them when they come to town.  If you remember me, Howdy. If not, well, Hello! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Hahaha, yeah — he found pictures of my then girlfriend (now wife), posted them and captioned them “dumb whore only with you for your money”, stuff like that. Send well over 100 PMs saying stuff way too gross to actually post here. Finally told DM it was up to him; either he’s out or I’m out. DM’s a good mod.

Wow, I remember you guys not getting along but had no idea it went that far, geez. 

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Hahaha, yeah — he found pictures of my then girlfriend (now wife), posted them and captioned them “dumb whore only with you for your money”, stuff like that. Send well over 100 PMs saying stuff way too gross to actually post here. Finally told DM it was up to him; either he’s out or I’m out. DM’s a good mod.

That’s incredibly creepy.  Like in every single respect that something can be creepy.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, adavid said:

meh, I saw this thread and had to reply. Haven't been here in awhile. You may remember me as "NCDevsFan". ( Now I sound like Troy McClure). Not sure when my display name got changed. lol.  Anyway, I didn't want to spend the money on Center Ice and such so its been a few years since I have seen a Devs game on TV. Still catch them when I can against the Candy Canes and usually sit behind their bench. I guess that sort of makes me bandwagon. Happy to see them playing better. Anyone down here in NC? Hit me up and we'll catch them when they come to town.  If you remember me, Howdy. If not, well, Hello! 

welcome back!

the good news is now you can pretty much get any game on a stream if you just go to reddit.

Well, either way DM's page has been going strong since, what is it?, 2002 on this version?

Talking about fans and the lean year and complaining.............I can still vividly recall (it stuck with me) in the '99-'00 season, after three years of colossal playoff flops, having like a 5 game or so early season losing streak. After like the 5th game against Florida (going on memory), posters on here going crazy about how they were "done with this team". lol

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

I laugh when people insinuate I'm jumping "on the bandwagon" since I've been a fan of this franchise from day 1, living thru the years of Cirella being our stud defenseman to watching us win a meaningless game to get Muller instead of Lemieux. When you live out of the area and don't interact with the fan base in anyway except for a blog its very easy to lose touch. Like NCDevsFan, I gave up Center Ice because I got tired of spending my evenings watching a horrid, stagnant team and found other things to fill that time; for you youngsters, work, marriage and a wife, family - well, they can fill up that void rather easily. All my family in NJ passed, last one 4 years ago, leaving no family in the area I grew up, losing the games I caught with the guys I grew up with when in the area because I'm not flying up for the pork roll and Devils games lol. Caught the Devils in Chicago last year and I usually make it up to Raleigh to see them play the Canes but if it doesn't fall on a Friday or Saturday night I won't make the drive. Does it make me less of a Devils fan then the die hards with the logo tattooed on their arms? Sure it does, but I'm OK with that. I paid my dues. I paid for that seat on the bandwagon years ago and to you smug posters on here, I hate to tell you but my seat is better then yours :) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Jeez..how does it get from message board strangers discussing their shared favorite team to THAT?!

35 minutes ago, SC Devs Fan said:

I laugh when people insinuate I'm jumping "on the bandwagon" since I've been a fan of this franchise from day 1, living thru the years of Cirella being our stud defenseman to watching us win a meaningless game to get Muller instead of Lemieux. When you live out of the area and don't interact with the fan base in anyway except for a blog its very easy to lose touch. Like NCDevsFan, I gave up Center Ice because I got tired of spending my evenings watching a horrid, stagnant team and found other things to fill that time; for you youngsters, work, marriage and a wife, family - well, they can fill up that void rather easily. All my family in NJ passed, last one 4 years ago, leaving no family in the area I grew up, losing the games I caught with the guys I grew up with when in the area because I'm not flying up for the pork roll and Devils games lol. Caught the Devils in Chicago last year and I usually make it up to Raleigh to see them play the Canes but if it doesn't fall on a Friday or Saturday night I won't make the drive. Does it make me less of a Devils fan then the die hards with the logo tattooed on their arms? Sure it does, but I'm OK with that. I paid my dues. I paid for that seat on the bandwagon years ago and to you smug posters on here, I hate to tell you but my seat is better then yours :) 

I think they were calling you bandwagon tongue in cheek ; ) . Welcome back!

42 minutes ago, SC Devs Fan said:

There's just one thing I don't understand...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE NOT FLYING UP HERE FOR THE PORK ROLL?!

10 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Damn Leeds that's some insane ink...how long have you had that?

lol. It's bad luck. I covered an old tattoo (a soccer ball. You can see it) that I got in '85.

I did the Devs chrome over it in '13. So they haven't even been to the playoffs since I got it

10 hours ago, Crisis said:

Of course it's got the green in it.. :rolleyes:

Lol....Very Good!     Told you all I love the Green

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Colin226 said:

I guess I haven't been gone long enough to be missed yet since no one mentioned me  :P 

I mentioned ya in the San Jose GDT...good to see you back:

Other plus:  saw Colin226 at the game...hadn't seen him in some time, was good to catch up with him.  Told him to get his ass back in here and he said he might...hope he starts posting in here again...he's good people.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I mentioned ya in the San Jose GDT...good to see you back:

Other plus:  saw Colin226 at the game...hadn't seen him in some time, was good to catch up with him.  Told him to get his ass back in here and he said he might...hope he starts posting in here again...he's good people.

Haha I was only joking before, but I do appreciate that!

Honestly, one of the big reasons I left the forum was the mobile app for here was a huge pain to use. I'll have to see if it's better now. The community here was always great (aside from a few bad eggs who eventually got banned) so I definitely want to come around more. Crazy to think I signed up here over 8 years ago.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Colin226 said:

Haha I was only joking before, but I do appreciate that!

Honestly, one of the big reasons I left the forum was the mobile app for here was a huge pain to use. I'll have to see if it's better now. The community here was always great (aside from a few bad eggs who eventually got banned) so I definitely want to come around more. Crazy to think I signed up here over 8 years ago.

For what its worth, i hate the app version and only visit through the browser.