GDT: Devils @ Senators, 7:30 PM

devlman

Felt like a very weird game, partially because I was up feeding the baby at 1 and 4 am CET and thus caught most of the first and third period + OT. But as others have pointed out, damn its fun to have a team where you feel they can come back from deficits and tie it up in the third.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Would be nice to see Minus Man keep that up, but his day didn't feel as solid as the +3 would suggest.  That behind-the-play penalty was beyond infuriating.

Speaking of the D, I get that the Devils are probably trying to show Mueller some tough love now (with the healthy scratches) in the hopes that he'll get better down the line...but man, it's really tough when either Lovejoy or Prout is in the lineup. 

How great is it that six different Devils are tied with 3 goals each for the team lead?  And that four other Devils have scored two each?  It really is different guys every night.  Love this.   

Im really hoping Jacobs develops in  Bing , Big and Mobile.....

5 hours ago, NLinfante said:

None of this is sustainable, right? I cannot believe what I've seen in the last two third periods from this team. I was all about tempering expectations to start the year but this is just too much fun. Let's just hope they put together as many points as possible now so they have a bit of a cushion when there's a dry spell or an injury. It's still very early. 

On a slightly different note, my fantasy league is made up of 10 rangers fans, 1 wings fan, and me. I keep telling myself not to talk too much trash and jinx this. Watching them wallow in basement makes me absurdly happy.

If the Rags don't pick it up soon I am going to start to get worried. The "bad Rags" worst nightmare scenario is them getting in a position to win the draft lottery(or just be #1) and draft a player like Dahlin which most people expect to be a very very good player. 

Edited by NJDevils1214

21 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

If the Rags don't pick it up soon I am going to start to get worried. The "bad Rags" worst nightmare scenario is them getting in a position to win the draft lottery(or just be #1) and draft a player like Dahlin which most people expect to be a very very good player. 

I doubt they tank that far. They'll have a mediocre midseason then go on their eventual late-february streak and be a bubble playoff team and lose in an elimination game OT like they always do

So pumped after last night's win - you always feel like they can come back :evil:  

Update on Schneider:  John Shannon‏Verified account @JSportsnet

Cory Schneider won’t back up tonight vs SJ after injury last night Not serious,but with 6 days off Devils hoping he’s back on ice mid week.

A few interesting tidbits:

The Devils top line of LW Taylor Hall, C Nico Hischier and RW Drew Stafford has combined for 13 pts (4 gls, 9 assts) the past 2 games.  

Hischier's two goals made him the 13th forward to score a goal for the Devils this season. All 13 forwards that made the opening roster have at least one goal.

• Like 3