If Zajac came back today...

mfitz804

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He’s getting healthy scratched, I’m not sure the gettin’ is all that hot. 

Yeah he probably wouldn’t bring back enough to make it worth it. Might as well hang onto him and hope he enventually lives up to his potential. 

2 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Raise your hand if you wanted to trade Adam Larsson as a 20 year old. If you raised your hand, you officially are required to shut the fvck up about trading Zacha. 

Not just talking about people in this thread. It’s everywhere. He’s 20 and he’s not playing with a ton of confidence and half of this forum is ready to ship him off for pennies.

I’m absolutely not saying that. But on the theory that we need D, and you get back what you give, he’d be a good candidate. 

17 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

My point is this; 

You trade healthy-scratch Adam Larsson in an age-20 season, you get back another struggling bluechip prospect that may or may not pan out.

You trade 1st pairing, 24 year old Adam Larsson: you get Taylor Hall. 

I’m not saying Zacha will ever be a 1st line player with absolute certainty. I am saying that trading him while his value is at an all-time low isn’t worth the risk. 

I get the sense that Zacha is the kind of player that a handful of GMs still really like.   He’s obviously not the type of player that you could trade straight up for someone who’s really good (like Seth Jones/Johansen) but he could be a significant piece for a very good player.   

Whatever the case, Shero is obviously not going to give him away.

8 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

My point is this; 

You trade healthy-scratch Adam Larsson in an age-20 season, you get back another struggling bluechip prospect that may or may not pan out.

You trade 1st pairing, 24 year old Adam Larsson: you get Taylor Hall. 

I’m not saying Zacha will ever be a 1st line player with absolute certainty. I am saying that trading him while his value is at an all-time low isn’t worth the risk. 

Agreed, assuming you’re correct and all we could get was a questionable prospect. 

Zacha is doing some positive things. He made a good play to get the puck to Wood for his second goal in Chicago for example. 

This is a young team with low expectations. Its a perfect situation for him to play and learn and gain confidence. I don't like the idea of selling off on a 20 year old with low trade value. A player can develop a lot in their early 20s.  Letting him grow is a risk worth taking. He isn't getting you a guaranteed commodity at defense because he himself is not yet a guaranteed commodity. 

Edit. Basically what martyisthebest said but with more words. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 3