Cory Schneider to IR, retroactive to Oct 19. Scott Wedgewood recalled.

Steven M.

No surprise there...knew Wedge would get the call to back up KK.  No real other option.

7 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

No disrespect to Wedgewood but hoping this is short lived and he doesn't see any action. 

It was obviously a puny sample, but at least he was solid in the limited time at this level that he got, so I at least feel some degree of confidence that the Devils could get by with him for a little while if they absolutely had no other choice.  It's not like a, say, Ari Ahonen situation...I remember when the Devils called him up to be an emergency backup (think it was for a week or two, tops), and I was stunned at how bad he looked in warmups...it's not like warmups are much to go on, but I remember thinking that he didn't look like an NHLer at all...I think if he had ever gotten an NHL start, it would've gone very badly for him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It was obviously a puny sample, but at least he was solid in the limited time at this level that he got, so I at least feel some degree of confidence that the Devils could get by with him for a little while if they absolutely had no other choice.  It's not like a, say, Ari Ahonen situation...I remember when the Devils called him up to be an emergency backup (think it was for a week or two, tops), and I was stunned at how bad he looked in warmups...it's not like warmups are much to go on, but I remember thinking that he didn't look like an NHLer at all...I think if he had ever gotten an NHL start, it would've gone very badly for him. 

I remember Ahonen being dubbed our goalie of the future because Lou was getting tired of waiting for Damphousse to develop. Funny thing is there was a goalie during that draft period that the Devils picked that wound up getting NHL playing time, but it wasn't either of the ones penciled in as future starters, it was Scott Clemmensen. Conte's eye for goalies kinda went a bit haywire for a long while after Dunham.

• Like 1

A bit of an update:  https://www.nhl.com/news/goalie-cory-schneider-injury-update/c-292119978

"I would classify it more as a tweak," Devils coach John Hynes said. "We're thinking it's not overly serious because he did finish the [second period]. But after getting evaluated on it, it was a smart move to pull him."

"We'll see how he does over the next couple of days and hopefully he's back at practice early next week," Hynes said.

I actually like Wedgewood, my comment was more so just saying I don't want Cory to miss extended time. You have to figure Kinkaid can play any games that he'd miss, though I suppose if Cory isn't back by the 2nd game after this week off, which is the 2nd half of a back to back, Wedgewood has a shot at playing in that one.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

New Jersey Devils‏ Verified account @NJDevils 

Jill and Cory Schneider welcomed a baby girl, Remy Elizabeth, born at 12:12pm today. Mom and baby are healthy and doing great!

She joins big brother Wyatt rooting the #NJDevils on tonight. Welcome to #JerseysTeam, Remy!

Nice job, you handsome ginger bastard!!