TRADE: G Scott Wedgewood from NJ to ARI for 2018 5th

Triumph

19 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

We basically have two goalies now, which puts us in a risky position. But, I'm really happy for Wedgewood, he'll probably get a shot in Arizona and he deserves one.

I think Appleby could be a plausible backup if one of Kinkaid or Schneider gets hurt.  I think they want to give Blackwood more time, but it’s interesting that Hynes made a point to say they had high hopes for him specifically, or something to that effect.

21 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

We basically have two goalies now, which puts us in a risky position. But, I'm really happy for Wedgewood, he'll probably get a shot in Arizona and he deserves one.

That's really my only beef about this move...sure, maybe Wedgewood never gets any NHL action if he's still here, but it would have been nice to have that insurance.  Blackwood clearly isn't ready yet, and who knows what Appleby is.  Like Tri said, another goalie could probably be had for cheap, if the Devils decide that they really need one.  I probably would've just kept him, but it's not like Wedge was a sure thing himself.

Best of luck tonight Scott!  Make the most of this opportunity...looks like if you can get hot, you might have a shot to take the job and run with it.

• Like 1