GDT: Devils at Vancouver, 11/1/17, 10pm (too damn late)

mfitz804

42 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

LGD!!!!! I think it will be a close one. 

Good for Boyle, but man Coleman and Gibbons don't really deserve to sit.

If they ARE going to suck... I hope they at least show it early so I know I can go to bed. I hate these 10pm games.

Yeah, I might make it through a period...then it's occasional score checks between dozing...but yeah, if they're getting squashed, I'm done. 

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, I might make it through a period...then it's occasional score checks between dozing...but yeah, if they're getting squashed, I'm done. 

That's how we handle all the late games, LOL.  TV on, lower the volume, and keep checking.  

And though I'm not a huge baseball fan, I am a sports fan, and Game 7 will also pique my interest.  With all the pitching changes, I wouldn't be surprised if our game finishes before the baseball game. 

And did we ever think a year ago, we'd have trouble picking players to scratch?  

LGD!

8 minutes ago, Colin226 said:

Between the World Series and this, it's definitely a good sports night!

The Mets really killed baseball for me at the moment.  But once pitchers and catchers report I'll be all in again. 

I'm going in with the intention of watching. But I also know the odds are I will make it through a single period. I figure if I do that, I can just DVR it and put it on as soon as I wake up in the morning and it'll be like its just happening then. 

In theory. We'll see. 

First real road trip for Nico, Bratt, and Butcher.  I'm not going to make any judgments on this team's "mettle" if they don't kick ass on this swing...and it's not like they haven't shown any during this 8-2-0 start (comebacks, etc).  I do like that Taylor Hall is viewing this as an opportunity for the bar to be raised though.  No complaints there. 

They have another 4-game trip later this month...kids are going to learn about extended road trips in the NHL in a hurry. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

LGDs,  3 days of rest, acclimated,  ready to go...  Taylor hall is our leader now...

He seems very energized...I think he was early on last season too, but I think it was tough not only seeing his old team make the playoffs without him, but for him to keep trying to make plays with no one able to finish them off as the season went on...lots of effort expended for little payoff.  I think last season was a very "un-fun" year for him, and probably pretty emotional too.  Losing year after year can really wear on some players.

But from all accounts (and this applies to Cory as well), he had no interest in bailing on the Devils, and very much wanted to be part of the solution.  How happy is he going to be to get to the playoffs this season, should it happen?

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

20 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

LGDs,  3 days of rest, acclimated,  ready to go...  Taylor hall is our leader now...

I note that Andy Greene is signed through 2020, as is Taylor Hall. I was originally thinking that if Hall was named captain, maybe he'd be more willing to re-sign with "his" team. As Greene will still be here barring anything unforeseen, perhaps the letter "C" might be offered to Hall at that time as a further incentive to stay in red and black...

Late start definitely hurts us all, a little tonight, and especially tomorrow lol. I haven't been home for many games they this year where  I could catch them on my laptop.  Most of them I've been out at a bar or something and watching it in my phone.  I did catch the game vs the Lightning at home since it was on national TV (would've gotten it anyway since it was on local tv down here, but still).  I'm gonna try to make it through a period, maybe two, but that's about all I'll have in me.  I'm surprised we had to sit both Gibbons and Coleman while just bringing up Boyle, especially with Palmieri out too.  Who's taking up the extra spot to the point we don't have room? 

Anyway, here's hoping we aren't fatigued from the trip out there and we can start this road trip off on the right foot. 

Let's Go Devils! 

I've always been a night owl so the late starts don't bother me. I'm glad Boyle is doing well health wise that he's able to make a come back this quickly. That definitely has to be a good sign for him. 

That being said and I guess it's hard not to come across as a nose when it comes to this stuff but I wasn't a fan of this signing to begin with because I've never cared much for him as a player.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!