Is Phil Murphy a Devils fan?

thecoffeecake

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, thecoffeecake said:

As everyone knows, we have a new governor-elect ready to take office after the new year. Now, this is absolutely NOT A POLITICAL THREAD, and any opinions about Christie, Guadagno, Murphy, or God damn Brendan Byrne are for another part of this forum. 

However, an important question about our incoming governor is this: Is he a Devils fan? Whatever you liked or disliked about Christie, what everyone here can agree on is that it was disgusting that the executive of our state didn't support OUR cultural institutions, and was an open Rangers fan throughout his terms. Our last governor was part of a group that sought to buy the Nets to keep them here. Partisan politics aside, I expect our executive to stand behind our state's institutions.

I can't find anything on Murphy on this, but apparently he is involved with the ownership of Sky Blue FC. Anyone have any insight here? 

This is so NOT an important question.  Not all hockey fans from NJ root for the Devils, and if a governor for whatever reason does NOT root for the Devils, I'd much rather he be honest about it, as opposed to being a phony in an attempt to placate some brainwashed SJWs.  I don't need my governor to be a fake shill for every single last thing NJ. 

• Like 2