GDT - Oilers @ Devils 11/9/17

NJDfan1711

Losing 4 straight blows, but they've picked up a couple points over that stretch and in my opinion they've lost to 3 very good teams over that span and haven't looked completely outmatched. Calgary, Edmonton, St. Louis – I could see any of those teams at minimum making a run to the Conference Finals this year.

Tough breaks, lets get the next one against Florida. LGD

• Like 1

I thought they played well last night and deserved a better fate.  Nico should have taken the shot in OT, but where the hell was Hall going on that play.  He ended up going behind the net and, if he was in good position on the far post or moving to the front the net for a potential rebound, he has an easy goal there.

Agree that this has been a tough stretch schedule wise, but they have to break this losing streak on Saturday to start building some confidence again. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I thought they played well last night and deserved a better fate.  Nico should have taken the shot in OT, but where the hell was Hall going on that play.  He ended up going behind the net and, if he was in good position on the far post or moving to the front the net for a potential rebound, he has an easy goal there.

Agree that this has been a tough stretch schedule wise, but they have to break this losing streak on Saturday to start building some confidence again. 

I was thinking the same thing. Especially in a 3 on 3 ot, why would you go behind the opponents net anyway? Puts you way behind the play if the puck goes to the other team. 

The Lucic goal was bad, but I'll give Cory a pass on the Slepyshev goal because that was honestly a perfect shot and the OT winner was unstoppable. Cory is sitting at a .918 SV% on the season right now, which is 12th in the league in that category. Considering the sh!t defense he's put up with most nights, I'd say that's pretty good.

Cory is fine. Hall is fine. Why does everyone like to sh!t on our best players ALL THE TIME? This is why we can't have nice things :rolleyes:

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CommonDreads said:

The Lucic goal was bad, but I'll give Cory a pass on the Slepyshev goal because that was honestly a perfect shot and the OT winner was unstoppable. Cory is sitting at a .918 SV% on the season right now, which is 12th in the league in that category. Considering the sh!t defense he's put up with most nights, I'd say that's pretty good.

Cory is fine. Hall is fine. Why does everyone like to sh!t on our best players ALL THE TIME? This is why we can't have nice things :rolleyes:

I thought Cory was good, other than the Lucic goal which he needs to stop.  Hall played well too.  Not sh!tting on them at all.  However, it's those little things like stopping in front of the net rather than circling behind it, which is taught in Mite hockey, that can be the difference between a win and a loss.  And with a young team that's on the bubble talent wise, it becomes even more pronounced. 

Edited by Chuck the Duck