Mirco Mueller Broken clavicle. Out Indefinitely

lucifer91

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I knew it instantly. 

A lot of people were not keen on him anyway, I was not one of those people. Its a loss for sure. Not only because he's out, but because Thing 1 and Thing 2 will alternate being in. 

Including the coaching staff earlier on, but it looked like their tough love approach was starting to pay off.  Thing 1 and Thing 2...I like that, that's pretty funny.  Hopefully one of them can be not-awful.

This stinks.  I thought he was really improving.  He's only played 67 NHL games, so I was liking that Santini, Butcher and Mirco were kind of playing and improving at the same time.  Throw in 23 year old Severson, that could be a decent little nucleus on the back end as this team keeps evolving and developing.

Heal fast, Mirco.

• Like 1

He was being used in every situation. And in the last minute of game(s) Somewhere along the line he gained trust of coaching. He'll be missed. 

Beside Prout/Lovejoy, there's no one in Binghamton crying to get out of there. Who is there best D man so far?

18 hours ago, Jersey Sure said:

This stinks.  I thought he was really improving.  He's only played 67 NHL games, so I was liking that Santini, Butcher and Mirco were kind of playing and improving at the same time.  Throw in 23 year old Severson, that could be a decent little nucleus on the back end as this team keeps evolving and developing.

Heal fast, Mirco.

Completely agree with all of that.  Really cool to see a few of our young D men improve and develop together, and indeed I was intrigued and optimistic that this could be a pretty decent core of players on the blue line for the next several years to come.  Ideally I'd still like to bring in another solid veteran guy back there (someone of the ilk of Shattenkirk or Carlson), and perhaps another young guy coming through the pipeline, but as others has mentioned I'm just not sure if there's anyone in the minors ready for some NHL level action. 

Let's hope he heals quickly and might be ready for a return shortly after the new year.

39 minutes ago, Devs1965 said:

Is there a reason to wait so long after injury for surgery? Swelling? Hope he heals quick he seemed to just start getting used to his role. 

Probably just needs time for the bone to fuse together.The break affects arm/shoulder movement as well so my guess is he confined to the sling until further notice. No practicing or working out.

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Probably just needs time for the bone to fuse together.The break affects arm/shoulder movement as well so my guess is he confined to the sling until further notice. No practicing or working out.

I also feel Hayden got away with a elbow on the play. They say they will know more of a timetable for return after his surgery scheduled for Thursday!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Extra depth is never a bad thing, and if Greene keeps playing the way he’s playing it’ll be a pretty fvckin easy decision.

Wonder if he feels bad knowing he's sucked for most of the season and taken the place of guys that were way more deserving than him some games.

16 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

Wonder if he feels bad knowing he's sucked for most of the season and taken the place of guys that were way more deserving than him some games.

I really want there to be a report at seasons end saying he’s been trying to gut out an injury, but I’m getting to the point where I’m fairly certain he won’t. Which then makes his next two years at $5m cap hit and pretty much guaranteed ice time tougher to swallow.

oh well, welcome back Mirco