GDT: Devils @ Toronto 7pm Msg Return of the Zajac

Henriqued

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

It was a broad statement. I doubt he was eluding to knowing anything specific.

Edited by NJDevils1214

25 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Yeah, rage-turned the game off before seeing the replay. Looked like a cheapie. I was wrong, no doubt about it.

Glad you racanted, lol, last year’s Cory knocks that loose puck in the crease in the 3rd into the net instead of making the flop goal line save

For everyone that asked about Zacha, here's a bit more info from Hynes (& Andrew Gross) from this article: 

http://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/fireandice/2017/11/17/devils-brass-have-talked-pavel-zacha-agent-his-ice-time-coach-john-hynes-first-round-pick-ahl/876280001/

“He’s part of the team,” Hynes said. “Every player is different. Everyone goes through different circumstances. We’ve had lots of communication with Pavel. We met with his agent. We met with him. We all feel like we’re giving him the same message of what we need to see better. At this point of his career, he’s been here for a year, sometimes when you get out of the lineup, you’ve got to work to get back in, too. We certainly believe he’s a very good player but he’s got some things he’s got to get better at.

“But we feel like we’re trying to do it collectively,” Hynes added. “The general manager, the head coach, the agent, the player, to make sure he clearly understands what needs to be better and then the player has to take it up on himself to put the work in and get himself back in. We feel like we have a very competitive team. Our team has played well. It’s not really a time right now for token games or token shifts. You’ve got to play the guys that have earned the jobs and earned the right to be in the lineup every night.”

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I’m liking Hynes more and more. 

I agree with these comments.

I was a bit concerned with him, now I'm really liking what I see.  The biggest thing I like is that I can finally see on the ice what it is he is trying to install....structure, and an identity.  Now it's obvious that talent was the massive issue.  I like the accountability.  I like that they worked with Miles Wood.  Wood looks like and is starting to play like a decent NHL bottom 6 player.  And while that may not be sexy, that's important.  Coleman as well.    There's a lot of young or not a lot of NHL game experienced players on this roster, and it just looks like the improvements are coming game by game.  

Zacha is still only 20.  Maybe from the organization's standpoint bringing him up last year with that group might have been a mistake.  I'm confident that they'll get an NHL player out of him, if there's one to be had.  I'm really hoping so. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jersey Sure said:

I agree with these comments.

I was a bit concerned with him, now I'm really liking what I see.  The biggest thing I like is that I can finally see on the ice what it is he is trying to install....structure, and an identity.  Now it's obvious that talent was the massive issue.  I like the accountability.  I like that they worked with Miles Wood.  Wood looks like and is starting to play like a decent NHL bottom 6 player.  And while that may not be sexy, that's important.  Coleman as well.    There's a lot of young or not a lot of NHL game experienced players on this roster, and it just looks like the improvements are coming game by game.  

Zacha is still only 20.  Maybe from the organization's standpoint bringing him up last year with that group might have been a mistake.  I'm confident that they'll get an NHL player out of him, if there's one to be had.  I'm really hoping so. 

"Now it's obvious that talent was the massive issue."

See that's the thing... it was always pretty obvious that the roster had a severe lack of talent. That's why the calls for Hynes' head were always pretty ridiculous. Will we win the Cup with him, who knows, but it's pretty clear people around the league respect him.

14 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

"Now it's obvious that talent was the massive issue."

See that's the thing... it was always pretty obvious that the roster had a severe lack of talent. That's why the calls for Hynes' head were always pretty ridiculous. Will we win the Cup with him, who knows, but it's pretty clear people around the league respect him.

Yes on this.  It's also very clear, at least to me,that Hynes and Ray Shero are on the same page when it comes to things like scratching a Damon Severson for a game.  I've said that when and if the time comes to move on from this coach it will be when this team becomes good, the expectations are higher, and the team maybe isn't performing up to that expected level.  But we're not there yet.