GDT: Devils @ Toronto 7pm Msg Return of the Zajac

Henriqued

Travis Zajac confirmed back in the lineup tonight. 

Hall - Hischier - Palmieri 

Bratt - Zajac - Stafford

Henrique - Boyle - Wood

Gibbons - Coleman - Noesen 

Greene - Santini

Moore - Severson

Butcher - Lovejoy

Cory in net tonight as expected

Zacha/Hayes/Prout as healthy scratches.

For the leafs: Auston Matthews out tonight.

Go Devs!

• Like 1

LGD, simply cannot believe Zajac is already back and in the lineup. Guy's got great genetics

Zacha out again, me thinks he's trade bait.

2 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Going to go out on a limb here and say that the Maple Leafs are probably better when Auston Matthews is playing.

Hot take alert!

• Like 1

Caught a break with Mathews being out.  Not all that surprised that Zacha is out again, but at the same time with him being scratched a few times now, I have a feeling this is going to come to a point where he gets frustrated and asks to be traded.  I'm not saying it's the wrong move to scratch him based on his performance, and also based on the other guys that can and are filling in for him, but I don't think it's helping him any longer.  Once was enough, maybe twice to send a message, but now it's just going to ruin his psyche. 

LGD, simply cannot believe Zajac is already back and in the lineup. Guy's got great genetics
Zacha out again, me thinks he's trade bait.
Hot take alert!

Zacha isn't trade bait. His value is at an all-time low. If he was trade bait, they'd be showcasing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

LGDs.. wtf is zacha out again?  its getting to the point of no return with him.. sorry but Id take him over boyle on that 3rd line

LGD!!! :evil: 

Gotta put Boyle out against the Leafs since he played with them the end of last year - coaches always play guys against their old teams - gives 'em extra incentive.  Hoping for a big game from him.  And hopefully Zacha is back in next game - tho, if he's not, that probably means we won & the effort was too good to take anyone out :D 

So happy to have Trav back! 

Looking forward to this game... I repeat, LGD!!! :evil: 

2 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

LGD!!! :evil: 

Gotta put Boyle out against the Leafs since he played with them the end of last year - coaches always play guys against their old teams - gives 'em extra incentive.  Hoping for a big game from him.  And hopefully Zacha is back in next game - tho, if he's not, that probably means we won & the effort was too good to take anyone out :D 

So happy to have Trav back! 

Looking forward to this game... I repeat, LGD!!! :evil: 

Boyles played for everyone so zacha will never get in then, lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Zacha isn't trade bait. His value is at an all-time low. If he was trade bait, they'd be showcasing him.

When he was playing, I don't think it could have been described as "showcasing". 

27 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Zaqcha is gonna get frustrated. He's only 20 years old. Let him play and gain experience. I believe he's in next game. 

Yeah, point's been made, he needs to be playing. Noesen could sit. 

• Like 1

With Zajac back I really hope they switch Zacha over to wing and give him a run there.   I think that's when his season turned around last year.  The added responsibilities of center seem to paralyze him a little, which is fine, he's 20.  Even long term, there's nothing wrong with him becoming a permanent power forward on the wing.    

I agree that Zacha should be playing, especially after having a good game against the Hawks. We don't want him to have the Josefson treatment, especially since he's already proven to be a better player, at the very least offensively. The problem is that everyone in the top 9 needs to stay put, other than maybe dropping Boyle to the 4th line. Stafford has not been very good either, but not bad enough to warrant a scratch, and unfortunately he's not going to fit on the fourth line. After Wood's game on Sunday, he's not getting demoted either.

Gibbons has been too productive to scratch, and I think Hynes likes Coleman's game. That only leaves Noesen, and an argument could be made to sit him instead of Zacha. But Noesen's game seems to complement the other guys on the 4th line much better. Tough choice for Hynes. Although I don't like Zacha being out of the lineup, there doesn't seem to be much Hynes could have done this time.

I think that once Wood cools down, a spot for Zacha could open up.

Hall-Zajac-Palmieri

Bratt-Hischier-Stafford (could be Mojo's spot once he's healthy)

Henrique-Boyle-Zacha

Gibbons-Coleman-Wood

extra: Hayes, Noesen

That could work until Mojo returns.

1 hour ago, nessus said:

I agree that Zacha should be playing, especially after having a good game against the Hawks. We don't want him to have the Josefson treatment, especially since he's already proven to be a better player, at the very least offensively. The problem is that everyone in the top 9 needs to stay put, other than maybe dropping Boyle to the 4th line. Stafford has not been very good either, but not bad enough to warrant a scratch, and unfortunately he's not going to fit on the fourth line. After Wood's game on Sunday, he's not getting demoted either.

Gibbons has been too productive to scratch, and I think Hynes likes Coleman's game. That only leaves Noesen, and an argument could be made to sit him instead of Zacha. But Noesen's game seems to complement the other guys on the 4th line much better. Tough choice for Hynes. Although I don't like Zacha being out of the lineup, there doesn't seem to be much Hynes could have done this time.

I think that once Wood cools down, a spot for Zacha could open up.

Hall-Zajac-Palmieri

Bratt-Hischier-Stafford (could be Mojo's spot once he's healthy)

Henrique-Boyle-Zacha

Gibbons-Coleman-Wood

extra: Hayes, Noesen

That could work until Mojo returns.

Agree it is a real tough choice.  But I like what I see from Woods   much more then Zacha so far.  

• Like 1