Sign in to follow this  
CommonDreads

GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Zajac is absolutely a top 6 center and probably a better player than Nico now, if healthy. There is no other center on this team who can handle the Matthews', Crosby's, etc without getting crushed. Nico has not played well against a certain type of center this year because he is still physically immature. Koivu handed him his lunch and I'll bet Bergeron will tomorrow night if they see a lot of each other. Zajac and Hall were quietly one of the more effective duos in the league last year. I'd put them together when Zajac gets up to speed to let Nico destroy softer matchups. 

I agree with those who say Noesen needs to be back in. I know we've talked about it a lot in chat during games, but other than a few goals, Stafford has been a complete negative. No wheels, no creativity, effort seems inconsistent. Noesen back in means he can play net front on the PP and get Boyle the f off of there. 

Anyway, really hope NJ can take advantage of no Marchand and Krug tomorrow

• Like 1

Stafford seems to venturing into JJ territory. Only useful in the shootout, and will score a goal every once in a blue moon. 

• Like 1

I wish Quennville could be called up, Mojo was healthy and Boyle/Stafford sat. Hell, I'd rather see Hayes instead of Stafford.

The Wild tying goal was the best goaltender screen I've ever seen in my life. Boyle is not good defensively - his face off ability should not be free license to be on the ice in the final two mins.

Edited by devlman

42 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Stafford seems to venturing into JJ territory. Only useful in the shootout, and will score a goal every once in a blue moon. 

Sorry, but that’s absurd. 

5 goals, 3 assists in 17 games. JJ wishes in his wildest dreams. 

Oh, and he’s tied for 3rd on our team with his 5 goals. Ahead of Palmieri, Henrique, Hischier, Johansson, etc. 

5 goals in 17 games is hardly “once in a blue moon”. That’s like a 25 goal pace for a full season. JJ doesn’t have even close to 25 goals in 282 games!!!!

Anyone who thinks Stafford sucks clearly isn’t paying attention and doesn’t realize how well he is performing given how little he is being paid. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Sorry, but that’s absurd. 

5 goals, 3 assists in 17 games. JJ wishes in his wildest dreams. 

Oh, and he’s tied for 3rd on our team with his 5 goals. Ahead of Palmieri, Henrique, Hischier, Johansson, etc. 

5 goals in 17 games is hardly “once in a blue moon”. That’s like a 25 goal pace for a full season. JJ doesn’t have even close to 25 goals in 282 games!!!!

Anyone who thinks Stafford sucks clearly isn’t paying attention and doesn’t realize how well he is performing given how little he is being paid. 

Thought he only had 3, my mistake. 

But you’re right, the JJ comparison was a bit harsh. :P

it was mostly just them both having really nice moves in the shootout that made me think of it. 

Edited by Nicomo

11 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

Bratt only got 4 shifts in the 3rd, honeymoon ending

He started real huge, which wasn’t expected, but he’s still playing well and creating chances and plays imo. 

14 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

The point was that I dont think he is playing any worse than half the players on the roster, so why is he being singled out.. Id much rather have him on the ice over boyle ... by a mile

or do you think boyle is better???

I'd say you've got maybe 3-4 forwards (Boyle included) you can make a case he's been better than. They give up a ton of shots with him and he doesn't shoot a lot, and when he does it's from fairly undangerous areas. 

I don't agree, really, but I think they see Boyle as a necessary piece because of non-measurable skills (leadership etc) + he's gotten some dangerous looks.