MLB 2017-8 Offseason

Daniel

Just wanted a place to stick the news about the punishment handed down on the Braves.  More like a hammer.  Since I don’t know the amateur rules all that well, I have trouble following what the scheme was.  But still, imagine the Devils before the season started losing Nico and McCleod and having a Shero banned for life.   Holy moly that commissioner does not mess around.

Very telling that the Braves accepted the harsh penalty with no attempt to appeal, nothing.  

On 11/21/2017 at 6:58 PM, Daniel said:

Just wanted a place to stick the news about the punishment handed down on the Braves.  More like a hammer.  Since I don’t know the amateur rules all that well, I have trouble following what the scheme was.  But still, imagine the Devils before the season started losing Nico and McCleod and having a Shero banned for life.   Holy moly that commissioner does not mess around.

Well ONE of the guys they lost (Maitan) was young but highly regarded, the others were still crapshoots at this point but yeah this is hefty, losing all the future bonus pool money hurts about as much as losing all the prospects they already had - albeit they had them through ill-gotten means.

Apparently the Braves were (among other things) cooking the books, signing older IFA's for more money they never got that got funneled under the table to prospects via an agent who represented both trying to get around the bonus caps for prospect IFA signings -  it's a bunch of stuff like that.  I can't even really explain it that well but certainly it seems like this idiot who lost his job forever had a bad reputation in baseball circles as it was and this clearly wasn't hidden very well for baseball to get such ironclad proof of so much wrongdoing.

Edited by NJDevs4978