GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

SterioDesign

RECAP

• There's really nothing about this game to be upset about except for the result.
  • They played a great game tonight, but Khudobin stole this one for the Bruins.
  • Oh well, that's hockey.
  • I'll still take the point.

POSSESSION

• ES CF: 56 to 42
  • ES FF: 42 to 30
  • ES SF: 32 to 23
  • ES SCF: 23 to 16
  • ES HDCF: 13 to 6
  • All CF: 68 to 55
  • All FF: 54 to 40
  • All SF: 42 to 29
  • All SCF: 32 to 24
  • All HDCF: 18 to 9
  • Like 1

Frustrating game:

2 early goals

Pushed and pushed and pushed to come back

Head to OT

Could not hit the broad side of a fvcking barn in the shootout

Lose in shootout.

Ugly.

But, I will take the point.  Could have been 0 points.  Just the way that shootout went was really, really frustrating.

The worst part about the shootout is the second-guessing when they lose.  It's a giant luckfest.  You have no idea who is good or not beyond the first few guys.

Devils played probably their best game all season and lost.  They are a nightmare for teams who cannot move the puck out of their back end - they will pursue the defenders and they have the creativity to make good scoring chances when they are able to force turnovers.  Boston didn't seem 100% engaged in this game but still, the Devils really took it to them - Khudobin playing great was the difference.

• Like 2

Just now, SterioDesign said:

something to keep in mind though when you're watching a SO... there's a very very very thin line between

"fvck yeah! Like a boss. So damn calm and smooth like it's no big deal :D !!!!"

and

"Jesus christ! What a lazy moron he barely tried to score :argh:"

True, but when my gf comments that Boyle looks slower than a Zamboni that’s not good. :P

1 minute ago, mikepeluso8 said:

Anyone else having extreme nightmares about the Rangers catching us? I feel like I keep looking over "our" shoulder in the standings...its making me insane.

They're a better team than the Devils, so no, I'm not terrified of this.  I certainly don't like it, but if it happens, hey, they tried.

Edited by Triumph

17 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Have you ever seen Wood on a breakaway?

Honestly, they should roll him out on the shootout just to see if he crashes into the end boards. I think it’s like an 80-20 chance he does. 

Very frustrating game.

Every time they said “Khudobin”, all I could think of was Qdoba. Now I’m starving. 

• Like 1

Went to the game and had to leave just after the tying goal...my daughter was having some serious tummy issues.  

Khudobin was awesome, couldn't have done sh!t against the two goals he allowed.  I was (pleasantly) surprised the whistle didn't blow just before Bratt's goal.

I hated the shootout when it was first implemented and hated it even when the Devils were better at it than everyone else (they pretty much were through the 2011-12 season).  And I hate it now.  Like '7' said, a game that felt like a legit tie, but nope, gotta declare an artificial winner, just because.

Hall going through some more non-converting of scoring opportunities...he usually finds back the back of the net just when you start getting frustrated with that aspect of his game.  Hopefully Friday night.

A point or more in 16 out of 21 games.  I'll take it.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

29 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

Frustrating game:

2 early goals

Pushed and pushed and pushed to come back

Head to OT

Could not hit the broad side of a fvcking barn in the shootout

Lose in shootout.

Ugly.

But, I will take the point.  Could have been 0 points.  Just the way that shootout went was really, really frustrating.

FIRE SHOOTOUTS!!! 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Triumph said:

The worst part about the shootout is the second-guessing when they lose.  It's a giant luckfest.  You have no idea who is good or not beyond the first few guys.

Devils played probably their best game all season and lost.  They are a nightmare for teams who cannot move the puck out of their back end - they will pursue the defenders and they have the creativity to make good scoring chances when they are able to force turnovers.  Boston didn't seem 100% engaged in this game but still, the Devils really took it to them - Khudobin playing great was the difference.

Best game all season?! Hah no..you haven't watched all their games then. Not a good performance tonight.

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Honestly, they should roll him out on the shootout just to see if he crashes into the end boards. I think it’s like an 80-20 chance he does. 

Very frustrating game.

Every time they said “Khudobin”, all I could think of was Qdoba. Now I’m starving. 

How bout Khudobin, Shudobin Whudobin ! Aightttttt

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Best game all season?! Hah no..you haven't watched all their games then. Not a good performance tonight.

You and I saw different games.  The Bruins were good at clearing out rebounds and Khudobin was great.  The idea that there were too many one and done chances when the Devils forwards had 30 shots - not buying it.

2 minutes ago, Gunslinger27 said:

How bout Khudobin, Shudobin Whudobin ! Aightttttt

Good one, heh heh

1 minute ago, Triumph said:

You and I saw different games.  The Bruins were good at clearing out rebounds and Khudobin was great.  The idea that there were too many one and done chances when the Devils forwards had 30 shots - not buying it.

Again, the shot counter was generous and the shots were mostly low quality.