Man Convicted for killing over NJ Devils hat comment

trailblazer

Yeah, this came up when it happened but I really feel like this has little to do with hockey ultimately. The guy was on heroin, drunk, and suffering from some mental sh!t like paranoia. Obviously not excusing him at all, just saying I remember when it happened stupid reddit was blowing up as if this guy purely murdered someone over the Devils but I think it's pretty obvious that he was going to do something fvcked up regardless. Unfortunately for the victim they happened to be the one he went off on. Horrible story but just another reason not to antagonize (or engage at all) strangers I guess, never know what people are capable of... especially at 3AM. I remember this case got notoriety because Rittenhouse is actually a decent area of Philly.

Anyways, just kind of rambling but yeah. sh!tty story. Glad the family got the justice they deserve ultimately. 

It's like they picked the most Sopranos looking villain they could find to kill someone over a Jersey team. 

Obviously not about the Devils at all. I remember when this happened (St. Patrick's I think), something said he was wearing a blue Devils hat. No Devils fan has ever worn a blue Devils hat, story over. 

I do like how the Post included the team's record to make sure they tied the Devils and Devils fans to the murder. It was extremely intentional tabloid nonsense. 

18 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

It's like they picked the most Sopranos looking villain they could find to kill someone over a Jersey team. 

Obviously not about the Devils at all. I remember when this happened (St. Patrick's I think), something said he was wearing a blue Devils hat. No Devils fan has ever worn a blue Devils hat, story over. 

I do like how the Post included the team's record to make sure they tied the Devils and Devils fans to the murder. It was extremely intentional tabloid nonsense. 

The media pushing a biased narrative through cherry picked elements of a story in a "suggestive rather than informative" article? 

That'd be a first.

2 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

Andy Greene has worn one in post game interviews lol