Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
trailblazer

Man Convicted for killing over NJ Devils hat comment

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

Dude looks like a crappy Nintendo video game villain 

Accurate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I love how the last line of the article just lists the Devils record so far this season lmao so out of place

It almost reads like “at least he stabbed someone over a good team”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I love how the last line of the article just lists the Devils record so far this season lmao so out of place

I love that they threw that in there haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, this came up when it happened but I really feel like this has little to do with hockey ultimately. The guy was on heroin, drunk, and suffering from some mental sh!t like paranoia. Obviously not excusing him at all, just saying I remember when it happened stupid reddit was blowing up as if this guy purely murdered someone over the Devils but I think it's pretty obvious that he was going to do something fvcked up regardless. Unfortunately for the victim they happened to be the one he went off on. Horrible story but just another reason not to antagonize (or engage at all) strangers I guess, never know what people are capable of... especially at 3AM. I remember this case got notoriety because Rittenhouse is actually a decent area of Philly.

Anyways, just kind of rambling but yeah. sh!tty story. Glad the family got the justice they deserve ultimately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me of Adrian Mellon who got killed by a clown after being thrown off a bridge by a bully cause he was wearing a I "heart" Derry hat back in 1984.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like they picked the most Sopranos looking villain they could find to kill someone over a Jersey team. 

Obviously not about the Devils at all. I remember when this happened (St. Patrick's I think), something said he was wearing a blue Devils hat. No Devils fan has ever worn a blue Devils hat, story over. 

I do like how the Post included the team's record to make sure they tied the Devils and Devils fans to the murder. It was extremely intentional tabloid nonsense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

It's like they picked the most Sopranos looking villain they could find to kill someone over a Jersey team. 

Obviously not about the Devils at all. I remember when this happened (St. Patrick's I think), something said he was wearing a blue Devils hat. No Devils fan has ever worn a blue Devils hat, story over. 

I do like how the Post included the team's record to make sure they tied the Devils and Devils fans to the murder. It was extremely intentional tabloid nonsense. 

The media pushing a biased narrative through cherry picked elements of a story in a "suggestive rather than informative" article? 

That'd be a first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

It's like they picked the most Sopranos looking villain they could find to kill someone over a Jersey team. 

Obviously not about the Devils at all. I remember when this happened (St. Patrick's I think), something said he was wearing a blue Devils hat. No Devils fan has ever worn a blue Devils hat, story over. 

I do like how the Post included the team's record to make sure they tied the Devils and Devils fans to the murder. It was extremely intentional tabloid nonsense. 

Andy Greene has worn one in post game interviews lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2017 at 7:54 PM, Satans Hockey said:

Andy Greene has worn one in post game interviews lol

But why

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

But why

I have no idea but I've seen it, I believe it was during last season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

But why

It is so the portion of our fanbase that are also Crips members can go around wearing Devils hats.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

It is so the portion of our fanbase that are also Crips members can go around wearing Devils hats.

Obviously. Its a total hassle when your team's colors don't allow you to represent your set. Problem solved. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×