Sign in to follow this  
SterioDesign

Devils aquire Sami Vatanen for Henrique + Blandisi + '18 3rd

BREAKING: #NHLDucks acquire centers Adam Henrique, Joseph Blandisi and a 2018 third-round draft pick from the @NJDevils for defenseman Sami Vatanen and a conditional draft pick.

Henrique it's over :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Edited by SterioDesign

I didn’t want to trade Rico but I guess it’s a good return. Don’t know much about Vatanen.

I absolutely hate this for one reason: my wife adored Adam Henrique and this is going to crush her.

i know little about Vantanen

WOW!  I honestly don't know much about Vatanen, although it should address a need.  I just hate trading Henrique.  He became expendable with the emergence of Bratt as a Top 6 winger, but I'm just sad to see him go.

Rico, you will NEVER be forgotten!!!!    :(

• Like 2

Kind of wish it would have been a straight one for one and not had to give up Blandisi. Takes a lot to get a solid defenseman though. 

• Like 1

I absolutely hate this for one reason: my wife adored Adam Henrique and this is going to crush her.
i know little about Vantanen

Rico was the man... Such a great Devil. Really gonna miss him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Crushed that Rico is moving on. Don't know enough about Vatanen to have a feeling on that but that really sucks. 

What the fvck has Shero got against people called Adam anyway?!?!?!

• Haha 3

NHL Radio is such a clown show.  They're still doing highlights from last night's game.

Adam : / 

(I learn to trust in Shero... But damn this one hurt really in the guts ! And i will also miss Blandisi... A LOT MORE than Henrique.. but still)

RIIIIICO ! 

But Wecome to the Devs Sami ! 

NHL Radio sucks.  If it doesn't involve an "original 6" team, and Toronto and Montreal in particular, they act like it didn't happen. 

WOW I really don't know how to feel about this. He was such a Devil through and through, but man we are really desperate on D then..

• Like 2

Damn, surprise surprise.  Like others, I don't know much about Vatanen.  He's under control through the 2019-20 season, cap hit of $4,875,000 each year.

A little sorry to Henrique go, but it was feeling more and more like he'd be trade bait in the near future...the youth infusion simply make him expendable, and this team obviously still has needs.  He's a decent player on a fair contract...the kind of guy that's not too hard to move, and as we've seen, when packaged with other assets, he can bring back something solid. 

Don't really have any feelings on Blender...it didn't seem like he had much of a future here...other guys had moved ahead of him, and outside of that monster overage OHL season, he never seemed like someone to get crazy excited about. 

Best of luck to both guys...we'll never forget your big goal against the Rangers Adam!  You're a permanent part of Devils folklore because of it.   

• Like 6

Torn on this.

I think it's good value. Devils desperately needed young solid defensemen.

But Rico was a fan favorite and all stone great teammate..

• Like 1