Sign in to follow this  
SterioDesign

Devils aquire Sami Vatanen for Henrique + Blandisi + '18 3rd

Some Henrique quotes from Andrew Gross today via Twitter: 

The #Ducks - and Adam Henrique - practiced at Pru Center today in advance of tomorrow game vs. #NJDevils. Rico: "After the initial (trade) shock everything has settled down here. I think getting through tomorrow will certainly help moving forward. But it is nice to be back"

#Ducks Adam Henrique on how he expects #NJDevils fans to react to him: "I'm nervous, anxious, excited. A little bit of everything. People have been awesome ever since that day. I've got some very nice messages from fans."

Adam Henrique on #NJDevils fans: "Lots of people have reached out and said their thoughts. It’s a great feeling. That kind of helps the initial shock. You feel good about what you left behind and what I did in my time, not only at the rink but away from the rink as well."

#Ducks Adam Henrique on potential video tribute tomorrow and being back at Rock to face #NJDevils: "I don’t know what I’ll think. Honestly I'm going to try to not think about all that all day. But it’ll be hard not to. I’m sure it’ll be emotional."

:evil:

Also, two quotes from TG:  Tom Gulitti‏ Verified account @TomGulittiNHL

One thing that didn't make it into the Henrique story is that he said fans have been asking him already if he'd come back to NJ as a UFA after next season. He said he hasn't thought that far ahead, but noted Ray Shero told him he has a history of bringing back his former players.

Also, though Henrique's favorite on-ice memory is the obvious one, he mentioned a few times one of his favorite memories from the Devils-Rangers rivalry was game at MSG with 3 fights off opening faceoff. "That was one of best starts to any game I’ve ever been a part of."

ETA: TG's full article on AH coming back for Monday's game: https://www.nhl.com/news/adam-henrique-returns-to-new-jersey-to-play-with-ducks-vs-devils/c-294118740

Edited by LittleBallofHate
Link to TG's article
  • Like 2

I so wish I could be there to be loud for him. And hope our fans do the same!  He deserves it!

1 minute ago, vadvlfan said:

I so wish I could be there to be loud for him. And hope our fans do the same!  He deserves it!

Me too. I'm stuck at work tomorrow night so I'll just have to have faith that our fans will treat him right and give him the applause that he deserves.

59 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Every time he touches the puck I want loud, building shattering cheers.

I’ll be there, and will give him a nice cheer at the first opportunity.  But dude, I have a life.  After that I’ll just enjoy the game as I usually do.  

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Unless it results in a goal...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Yeah that’s a bit much. I’ll cheer for the guy when he takes the ice for the first time, but every time he touches the puck? That’s a bit much for me for Adam. 

Also, our fans don’t cheer that loudly for our current players...

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Some Henrique quotes from Andrew Gross today via Twitter: 

The #Ducks - and Adam Henrique - practiced at Pru Center today in advance of tomorrow game vs. #NJDevils. Rico: "After the initial (trade) shock everything has settled down here. I think getting through tomorrow will certainly help moving forward. But it is nice to be back"

#Ducks Adam Henrique on how he expects #NJDevils fans to react to him: "I'm nervous, anxious, excited. A little bit of everything. People have been awesome ever since that day. I've got some very nice messages from fans."

Adam Henrique on #NJDevils fans: "Lots of people have reached out and said their thoughts. It’s a great feeling. That kind of helps the initial shock. You feel good about what you left behind and what I did in my time, not only at the rink but away from the rink as well."

#Ducks Adam Henrique on potential video tribute tomorrow and being back at Rock to face #NJDevils: "I don’t know what I’ll think. Honestly I'm going to try to not think about all that all day. But it’ll be hard not to. I’m sure it’ll be emotional."

:evil:

Also, two quotes from TG:  Tom Gulitti‏ Verified account @TomGulittiNHL

One thing that didn't make it into the Henrique story is that he said fans have been asking him already if he'd come back to NJ as a UFA after next season. He said he hasn't thought that far ahead, but noted Ray Shero told him he has a history of bringing back his former players.

Also, though Henrique's favorite on-ice memory is the obvious one, he mentioned a few times one of his favorite memories from the Devils-Rangers rivalry was game at MSG with 3 fights off opening faceoff. "That was one of best starts to any game I’ve ever been a part of."

ETA: TG's full article on AH coming back for Monday's game: https://www.nhl.com/news/adam-henrique-returns-to-new-jersey-to-play-with-ducks-vs-devils/c-294118740

Sounds like his heart is very much still with the Devils.

That being said, man is he being overglorified in some circles.  He did some nice things (the "Henrique!  It's over!" moment, scoring 30 goals one season), and he seems like a great guy on and off the ice, but it wasn't that long ago that people were bitching about his lack of production, when he had one assist in a nine-game stretch.   And BTW he's now gone without a point in three straight with Anaheim...not knocking him, but his having been dealt for a need is not some travesty.  He deserves a nice opening cheer and then maybe a couple of others.  But nothing really more than that. 

• Like 3

A lot can happen from now until UFA; it’s all still fresh for him, but he doesn’t hide his NJ love.   This was from the LA game (obviously):

3A421565-4F63-48AF-8E65-9BE5B395E4B5.thumb.png.9f72ae5c649395e59d16e8fd290ad97c.png

It's a refreshing change of pace to actually be able to cheer a player upon his return. Usually we're getting ready to boo the sh!t out of Parise, Gomez, Holik, etc...

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, devlman said:

It's a refreshing change of pace to actually be able to cheer a player upon his return. Usually we're getting ready to boo the sh!t out of Parise, Gomez, Holik, etc...

Not for nothing, but it would be funny as sh!t if everyone booed him for like 5-8 seconds before starting to cheer. 

• Haha 2