Sign in to follow this  
MrBreeze

Devils acquire forward Michael Latta from Arizona

Devils acquire forward Michael Latta from Arizona

New Jersey trades Binghamton Devils forward Ryan Kujawinski to Coyotes

Just now, titans04 said:

He'll be OK in Binghamton. 

Yeah, this was a Bingo deal.  Mentioned this in the other thread, but he's played 113 games in the NHL, with a good Caps team...probably not a bad guy to have down there, as a vet who's had both AHL and NHL experience.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marshall said:

This trade is a whole Latta nothing.

I did it first in the game day thread!!

:)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I did it first in the game day thread!!

:)

I'm sure a Latta people beat you to that one as well.

• Like 1

Not a Latta people on this website!

#IWasFirst

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

Get the duck boats ready!

I was hopeful for Kujawinski after his first season in Albany, but he hasn't done much since. 

44 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I was hopeful for Kujawinski after his first season in Albany, but he hasn't done much since. 

I don't need any more players whose names I can't remember how to spell. 

The guy who writes the Binghamton game wrap-ups (Jeff Ulmer) for AATJ had this to say about Latta after last night's game: 

Latta was simply great. Diving for pucks, hustling and setting the tone just like you would expect from a veteran player. Captain worth material after one game? Absolutely. Awesome trade that took place by Binghamton GM Tom Fitzgerald for forward Ryan Kujawinskiearlier in the week. Yes, it’s only one game, but Latta is experienced enough to carry his tempo forward. At least I would hope so.

Above from this article: https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2017/12/17/16785730/binghamton-devils-strike-back-in-win-over-belleville-senators

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

The guy who writes the Binghamton game wrap-ups (Jeff Ulmer) for AATJ had this to say about Latta after last night's game: 

Latta was simply great. Diving for pucks, hustling and setting the tone just like you would expect from a veteran player. Captain worth material after one game? Absolutely. Awesome trade that took place by Binghamton GM Tom Fitzgerald for forward Ryan Kujawinskiearlier in the week. Yes, it’s only one game, but Latta is experienced enough to carry his tempo forward. At least I would hope so.

Above from this article: https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2017/12/17/16785730/binghamton-devils-strike-back-in-win-over-belleville-senators

And the above shows exactly why this deal wasn't about improving the big club...not directly, anyway.  You don't want the kids there to get too used to losing (especially since some of them may be needed as other guys up here get hurt, as we just saw with Lappin), and the B-Devs had been doing an awful lot of losing lately...credit to the Devils for not just letting the situation fester, and for trying to shake things up.  Kujawinski was never going to fit into their plans beyond the AHL, and now the B-Devs got someone who can help set a good example and help this team get back on the right track. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1