NFL 2017 Offseason

NJDevs4978

Walked away to take a promotion to a GM job in Carolina?  That's not walking away.  He built talented, good teams in Carolina, his main issue was he had toxic contract relationships with his main players and the owner sided with the players.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Vance is keeping his job in DEN. Don't think he's great but i understand wanting to avoid the one year coaching carosel.

Del Rio just wasn't gonna be that guy for OAK, neither was Caldwell

Sooner or later MM in GB needs to be out, he's a bad coach. Alot of loyalty there but it's been very clear it's Rodgers who does everything MM can't adapt to a single thing nor is he a leader.

On 12/29/2017 at 4:05 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

Walked away to take a promotion to a GM job in Carolina?  That's not walking away.  He built talented, good teams in Carolina, his main issue was he had toxic contract relationships with his main players and the owner sided with the players.

And that owners well guarded skeletons have since fallen out of the closet.

Gettleman is a good football guy but I don't see him as a great savior for the Giants. Plus he's about to turn 67 so you wonder how much he has left in the tank. Turning around the Giants is going to be tougher than expected and I feel that Philly is on the cusp of embarking on a string of dominant seasons and Dallas is going to be quite good for the foreseeable future as well. NYG may be mired in the 5-11/6-10 type quagmire for a few years 

11 minutes ago, '7' said:

And that owners well guarded skeletons have since fallen out of the closet.

Gettleman is a good football guy but I don't see him as a great savior for the Giants. Plus he's about to turn 67 so you wonder how much he has left in the tank. Turning around the Giants is going to be tougher than expected and I feel that Philly is on the cusp of embarking on a string of dominant seasons and Dallas is going to be quite good for the foreseeable future as well. NYG may be mired in the 5-11/6-10 type quagmire for a few years 

Giants talking to both McDaniels and Patricia apparently.

If I'm them, I'd go McDaniels...get the feeling he learned from his prior mistakes with Denver and will have a much better chance to succeed as a HC this time around.

Patricia will get one shot as a HC and fail.  As much as I rip him, I know he's done some good things with the Pats...the one thing I'll say about his Ds is, despite often giving up big chunks of yards and never seeming to get much pressure on the QB, they don't give up a ton of points...but like I've also said, having the best QB of this era makes some people look better than they are...he's one of those guys who should really just stay where he is while the two parties most responsible for the team's success are still there. 

21 hours ago, CarterforPresident said:

Vance is keeping his job in DEN. Don't think he's great but i understand wanting to avoid the one year coaching carosel.

Del Rio just wasn't gonna be that guy for OAK, neither was Caldwell

Sooner or later MM in GB needs to be out, he's a bad coach. Alot of loyalty there but it's been very clear it's Rodgers who does everything MM can't adapt to a single thing nor is he a leader.

I was really hoping Vance would get the ax in Denver and would have been cutting losses so to speak for what was a bad and underqualified hire in the first place. He is good at playing to the teams weaknesses. Kubiak went 9-7 the year before with more or less the same team and the same QBs less Brock.

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

fvck the Bills. I hope Jacksonville sodomizes them.

It feels like a game where the Bills should get smoked (just look at the point differentials of both teams), but so much depends on Bortles...Tyrod is pretty good at not turning the ball over, but I don't see the Bills scoring more than 20 points without some serious help.  Bortles has thrown 5 picks in the last two games, and the Bills have 18 INT as a team.  That's a little scary for the Jags.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Giants talking to both McDaniels and Patricia apparently.

If I'm them, I'd go McDaniels...get the feeling he learned from his prior mistakes with Denver and will have a much better chance to succeed as a HC this time around.

Patricia will get one shot as a HC and fail.  As much as I rip him, I know he's done some good things with the Pats...the one thing I'll say about his Ds is, despite often giving up big chunks of yards and never seeming to get much pressure on the QB, they don't give up a ton of points...but like I've also said, having the best QB of this era makes some people look better than they are...he's one of those guys who should really just stay where he is while the two parties most responsible for the team's success are still there. 

I feel like Patricia is waiting for BB to retire and then he'll be the guy to take over. That's just me. Every year he's a leading canidate but always stays.

Also don't Believe Schwartz should leave Philly. Not a good track record as HC. He can build something good in Philly. He's better suited as DC kinda like Wade Philips. And still, he isn't this great DC. Lot of players on that team can do more then they are. He's replaceable to THEM but he needs to be smart.  And I also wonder about there Qb Coach. Did Wentz make him look alot better? If not, then Chicago with Trubs makes sense.

Edited by CarterforPresident

It feels like a game where the Bills should get smoked (just look at the point differentials of both teams), but so much depends on Bortles...Tyrod is pretty good at not turning the ball over, but I don't see the Bills scoring more than 20 points without some serious help.  Bortles has thrown 5 picks in the last two games, and the Bills have 18 INT as a team.  That's a little scary for the Jags.

On a side note... Did ANYONE ever think there would be an NFL playoff game where the two teams involved were QB'd by Tyrod Taylor and Blake Bortles? I mean, this could be a sign of the apocalypse lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

On a side note... Did ANYONE ever think there would be an NFL playoff game where the two teams involved were QB'd by Tyrod Taylor and Blake Bortles? I mean, this could be a sign of the apocalypse lol.

Not to mention one of them is guaranteed to move on...and if it's the Jags, they could take down Pittsburgh AGAIN and possibly even host the AFC Championship game...KC's already won up in NE this season. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Carson Palmer announces his retirement.

Not an Elite QB but very good. Ari will miss him. Gotta be tough for them to lose  both their HC and Qb. Wonder if this pushes Fitz to retire. The NFL landscape is really changing.

1 hour ago, CarterforPresident said:

If I recall correctly, Cincinnati said they were to part ways? What? How does this guy keep his job

blackmail, bribery, naked pictures and a mass commitment to giving zero fraks about winning from management....this is "holding onto Jason Garret" levels of bad....oh wait.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

just a few years too late

He was pretty good in 2015 and 2016.  Team went 13-3 with him in 2015, and he had very good numbers that year.  Just never seemed able to get it done in the playoffs (though in his first game, he was injured early).

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He was pretty good in 2015 and 2016.  Team went 13-3 with him in 2015, and he had very good numbers that year.  Just never seemed able to get it done in the playoffs (though in his first game, he was injured early).

he always seemed to play poorly in the playoffs.. but actually  he only was in the POs 4 times, or he got hurt.. thought he was very good out of college

37 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is a MUST read. Could the end FINALLY be near? We can only pray. emoji120.pnghttp://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle

I hate the Patriots as much as the next guy, but these "end of the Patriots" things get tiresome quickly because they're always proven incorrect right after they're written when the Patriots go out and make it to at least the AFC Championship game.

And really, I can hang around any successful organization that has a bunch of strong personalities at the top and make it sound like things are in disarray.