GDT: 1/4/18 Devils @ Stars

CommonDreads

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Greene has got to go. Lovejoy is playing pretty well and Severson can’t be a healthy scratch.

Schneider has to be better, period. He wasn’t soft but he wasn’t a top-5 goalie, which he is being paid to be. 

Schneider isn't going to be Top 5 every single night.  

They got outplayed in this one for the most part, but they didn't quit. It was close at the end. Can't be worried yet.

EDIT: Whoa, didn't realize we outshout them 42-33. Still feel like Dallas played better though.

Edited by SargentD

Just now, titans04 said:

I believe he actually said Palms ripped that one. 

my quote may be off but some variation of the phrase that's what he's trying to do there was definitely spoken. Unfortunately, thanks to center ice cutting off already, I cant click rewind, either way, fvck Dano

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

No, he’s not. And that’s fine. But he hasn’t really “stolen” any games, and if we get a top-5 performance tonight we’re minimum escaping with a point.

tonight was not his fault; certainly. But better goalie play and we’re all still watching.

I'd say he stole 2 or 3 games this season for us. I'm not looking back to cite them, but for sure he saved our asses at least that many

• Like 2

What kind of standards for goalies are there??  a 2 on none breakaway on a shorty?  a tip on a powerplay?  a perfect assist by his own D-man to a dangerous offensive player right in front of the net all alone?  or the blocked shot that turned into a 2 on 1?  really,  which one should have Schneider have stopped?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I'd say he stole 2 or 3 games this season for us. I'm not looking back to cite them, but for sure he saved our asses at least that many

There have been several games where he has stood up in bad first and second periods to keep them in the game.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1