GDT: Devils @ Islanders 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah that has been pretty quietly done. 

And on the VERY quiet front...Henrique has been held without a point in 13 out of his last 15.  Now with just nine points in 20 GP with the Ducks, after a hot start.  Ouch.

• Like 2

Just now, jagknife said:

holy sh!t they won on my birthday!

Happy birthday!

So happy with this game. Feels damn good to get big into the W column. Goals from the big guns in Hall and Palms, MoJo blocking rockets,  2 goals from the blue line, Kinkaid was decent (other than the breakaway), great effort all around. 

Nice.  Back on track.  1 screw-up..and a goal from it.  Only 1.  

I thought Will Butcher played a strong defensive game, maybe his best game on D.  Hynes used him 14 mins. on evens, that's a lot for him.

But nice to be back on track, and a good team performance.  That was needed.  Panic subsided.  Now beat Washington Thursday.

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

So nice to get a win again and more importantly get a dominating win where the outcome was never in question, especially in that third period. Love it. I want a win against the capitals Thursday now. 

Agree, it's about time to return the favor. Will be a tough one though.

• Like 2

Other glass-half-full observation:  Devils have at least 2 games in hand on the four teams directly behind them in the Metro (three in hand on three of those teams).  Nice that they built up a cushion, and have avoided killer slumps.  They're 6-3-3 in their last 12...kind of nice to be able to say that when you go winless in six straight.

• Like 3

RECAP

• Great effort, and contrary to popular belief, this is essentially the same effort we've seen in imo 4 of the past 6 games.
    • Only game we didn't look good was the Washington game and the Philly game.
    • The other 4 were actually good efforts.
    • Only difference between this game and the other games during this slump is that we got some breaks and bounces tonight.
  • Tonight is also another great example of showing that "low danger" shots can be deadly or if anything lead to more sustained zone time.
    • NJ Goal 1: Medium danger shot from the left face-off circle
    • NJ Goal 2: Medium danger shot from the right face-off circle
    • NJ Goal 3: Low danger shot from the blue line
    • Coaches need to know that conceding those shots at will is not good defensive zone strategy, and taking those shots is never bad offensive zone strategy.
  • Also, great game by Kinkaid.
  • The organization made the right move by sending down Santini
  • Lovejoy has vastly outplayed him all season long, and while Santini was actually solid in December, he still needs more seasoning.
  • I'm not sure which spot Mueller will take when he gets back, but I kind of think it should be Greene.

POSSESSION

• ES CF: 62 to 45
  • ES FF: 52 to 34
  • ES SF: 36 to 23
  • ES SCF: 41 to 26
  • ES HDCF: 16 to 10
  • All CF: 69 to 51
  • All FF: 59 to 38
  • All SF: 42 to 26
  • All SCF: 44 to 30
  • All HDCF: 16 to 10