GDT: Devils vs Rocky’s Largest Fan Club - 20 Jan - 1pm Eastern

jagknife

16 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

He’s been a borderline average goalie this season and in the biggest stretch of the season  he’s watching from the press box. I’m venting, I’m allowed to vent.

I’d rather him get healthy, he’d probably be about the same as Krapkaid was today, but vent away man, lord knows I do haha

Just now, DevilMinder said:

I wonder what the Devils modern day record is in matinee games is?

Yeah, I never get the warm and fuzzies on matinee game days when it comes to the Devils.  Still time in this one, but it feels like one of those 7-2 kind of losses in the making. 

14 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

He’s been a borderline average goalie this season and in the biggest stretch of the season  he’s watching from the press box. I’m venting, I’m allowed to vent.

I'm confused...weren't you the other day doing your usual tired schtick of calling people names and wishing they'd die of cancer or something for saying Schneider was an average goalie. Now, you're saying he's been average this season and is overrated? Maybe you really are just an unstable person and I shouldn't be confused.

Just now, Steven M. said:

Own these guys for five years straight with horrendous teams while they were for the most part a playoff team, finally have an above average team and just look like ass against them so far this year. What gives?

Our defense has gotten to the point of suckage

1 minute ago, EdgeControl said:

Except for like... the prior two games... locked down a far superior team (offensively anyway) in the Islanders on Tuesday and defended well for the most part Thursday, then just get completely bulldozed today.

3 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Greene has lost any semblance of usefulness. Last game was an absolute annomoly.

its time to retire and save us $5m that we can throw at Carlson

EDIT: double post

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

I'm confused...weren't you the other day doing your usual tired schtick of calling people names and wishing they'd die of cancer or something for saying Schneider was an average goalie. Now, you're saying he's been average this season and is overrated? Maybe you really are just an unstable person and I shouldn't be confused.

Weirdly I'm coming to Marty's defense here. I recall saying Cory was, at best, always slightly above average and Marty said he needed to start playing like the elite goaltender who is the 7th paid goalie in the league

2 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

Except for like... the prior two games... locked down a far superior team (offensively anyway) in the Islanders on Tuesday and defended well for the most part Thursday, then just get completely bulldozed today.

Jekyll and Hyde defense

1 minute ago, Devs64 said:

Bad defense in front of KK who was absolutely not ready for the game. Hope he's OK. One of those games when every bounce ends up in your net. Despite the score they are still in the game...and shoot the damn puck. 5 SOG is a shame. 

Been happening a lot lately. There comes a point where the goalie needs to bail out the defense

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Jekyll and Hyde defense

Yeah, basically. Inconsistent as all fvck and we really could use Cory back there today but maybe Appleby will spark them the rest of the game because he made some nice saves.

We know the team can score but they need to get SOG's to do that. Pretty sure we didn't have a shot on goal in like the last ten minutes or so... need to wake up, hate these matinee bullsh!t games.

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

Remember back in the day when Mike Mottau was the only whipping boy we had on defense? Good times

I don't even know who to whip for this one. Pretty much a complete 5 skater failure on almost all their goals, including the opposite of sound goaltending from Kinkaid. Looked like sh!t from the opening shot. The way that Gostisbehere was able to carve through the whole team to even get it to that position was soft as fvck though.

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

Remember back in the day when Mike Mottau was the only whipping boy we had on defense? Good times

I blame the guy with the C cause attitude reflects leadership and based on the ice performance his leadership is sh!t (overly generalizing, don’t care haha)

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Been happening a lot lately. There comes a point where the goalie needs to bail out the defense

Yes, and Kink was horrible especially on the first one. The sweetest thing now would be to come back and win in regulation with Appleby in net.