GDT: Devils vs Rocky’s Largest Fan Club - 20 Jan - 1pm Eastern

jagknife

Apologies to @MadDog2020 as this shouldbehis thread following the win Thursday, but I’m awake way too early on a Saturday (especially for my time zone)

Apparently Appleby has been recalled on emergency basis so Cory must be either feeling effects from Orpik’s stick (sh!t) or still battling whatever bug’s got him.

I’m sure AG or Chris will post something about it soon, along with the updated projected lineups.

LGD!!

• Like 2

2 points, get er done.  They owe the Flyers a quality performance after the horror show last Saturday.  Hopefully, everyone is ok to play and Schneider gets better.  Hynes said yesterday that he was waiting on a player or 2 to see how they are doing and will have the lineup for today announced soon.  No matter, this team has that "next man up" mentality.  Let's bank a win against a Metro division team, again.  Today will end a 5 game stretch against Metro teams, the Devils are 2-1-1.  Make it 3.

Lol Rocky is overrated anyway. Wasn’t even the best film the year it came out. fvck Philly and their crazy fans. They’re already worried about all the hoopleheads rioting there tomorrow night if the Eagles win. 
Anyway, LGD

Now I agree on the Philly fans, fvck them... But the original Rocky is one of my five favorite movies of all-time, and the whole series was excellent, with the exception of Rocky 5. Let's not pick on Rocky- lets pick on Philly for building a statue to a fictional character who doesn't actually exist. [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Now I agree on the Philly fans, fvck them... But the original Rocky is one of my five favorite movies of all-time, and the whole series was excellent, with the exception of Rocky 5. Let's not pick on Rocky- lets pick on Philly for building a statue to a fictional character who doesn't actually exist. emoji14.png

Heh heh, as far as the Rocky movies go:

I & II:  Both were very good.  II was a fine sequel.

III:  Would've have been less memorable if not for Mr. T's performance.  He was so good with what he was initially given that he wound up getting more and more lines.  Both fights would've been stopped much earlier than when they ended...Clubber Lang never would've been allowed to just prop up Rocky's head so that he could deliver a killer knockout punch in Fight #1, and in Fight #2, that second round where Rocky was knocked down twice, then miraculously acted as though he hadn't just been severely pummeled, never would've been completed...it would've been called at the second knockout.  The whole Thunderlips sequence, while entertaining, was clearly thrown in to kill time.  And of course, what was kind of funny (and gets overlooked) is that Apollo spends all of this time training Rocky to fight with a completely new (to Rocky) gameplan, and then Rocky suddenly decides "I'll just let Clubber hit me so many times that he'll exhaust himself, and then when he's so tired that he'll just stand there and let me throw haymakers, I'll win the fight."  Entertaining film, but the series was clearly on its way to becoming a comic strip.

IV:  Watchable but downright silly, and in some ways lazy.  Hey, killing off a major character worked as a plot point in III, let's use it again in IV.  Adrian not being on board with Rocky fighting in II was a big part of the story, let's break that out one more time.  And in what universe would a guy of Rocky's age, height, and weight stand even the slightest chance of holding his own again a specimen like Drago?  Drago's insane reach advantage alone would render Rocky pretty much helpless...not to mention Drago's insane strength.  All this being said...just like when III comes on, when IV comes on, more often than not I'll watch 'em...though Rocky's "If I can change, you can change" movie-ending speech will always induce cringes and choked-back vomit.

V:  Oh sweet Jesus.  This one is just...

VI:  Better than it had any right to be.  I went into the theater expecting to laugh at how bad it would be, and it was pretty decent.

Creed:  Also a solid effort. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Now I agree on the Philly fans, fvck them... But the original Rocky is one of my five favorite movies of all-time, and the whole series was excellent, with the exception of Rocky 5. Let's not pick on Rocky- lets pick on Philly for building a statue to a fictional character who doesn't actually exist. emoji14.png

Well, Taxi Driver is one of my favorite films, and I think it’s a sin it lost to Rocky for best picture. So I’m biased. 

Heh heh, as far as the Rocky movies go:

I & II:  Both were very good.  II was a fine sequel.

III:  Would've have been less memorable if not for Mr. T's performance.  He was so good with what he was initially given that he wound up getting more and more lines.  Both fights would've been stopped much earlier than when they ended...Clubber Lang never would've been allowed to just prop up Rocky's head so that he could deliver a killer knockout punch in Fight #1, and in Fight #2, that second round where Rocky was knocked down twice, then miraculously acted as though he hadn't just been severely pummeled, never would've been completed...it would've been called at the second knockout).  The whole Thunderlips sequence, while entertaining, was clearly thrown in to kill time.  And of course, what was kind of funny (and gets overlooked) is that Apollo spends all of this time training Rocky to fight with a completely new (to Rocky) gameplan, and then Rocky suddenly decides "I'll just let Clubber hit me so many times that he'll exhaust himself, and then when he's so tired that he'll just stand there and let me throw haymakers, I'll win the fight."  Entertaining film, but the series was clearly on its way to becoming a comic strip.

IV:  Watchable but downright silly, and in some ways lazy.  Hey, killing off a major character worked as a plot point in III, let's use it again in IV.  Adrian not being on board with Rocky fighting in II was a big part of the story, let's break that out one more time.  And in what universe would a guy of Rocky's age, height, and weight stand even the slightest chance of holding his own again a specimen like Drago?  Drago's insane reach advantage alone would render Rocky pretty much helpless...not to mention Drago's insane strength.  All this being said...just like when III comes on, when IV comes on, more often than not I'll watch 'em...though Rocky's "If I can change, you can change" movie-ending speech will always induce cringes and choked-back vomit.

V:  Oh sweet Jesus.  This one is just...

VI:  Better than it had any right to be.  I went into the theater expecting to laugh at how bad it would be, and it was pretty decent.

Creed:  Also a solid effort. 

I hate watch 5 whenever it's on. It's the most corny sh!t ever. 'I didn't hear no bell'. GWD: 'TOMMY GUNN ONLY FIGHTS IN THE RING!' Rocky: 'My ring's outside'. I mean, it's hilarious. [emoji23] You're right on 'Rocky Balboa' though- THAT should've been Rocky 5 lol. It was much better than I thought it would be.

• Haha 1