Bush 'Took Cocaine at Camp David'

Devils731

By Emma Pryer

GEORGE W Bush snorted cocaine at Camp David, a new book claims.

His wife Laura also allegedly tried cannabis in her youth.

Author Kitty Kelley says in her biography The Family: The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty, that the US President first used coke at university in the mid-1960s.

She quotes his former sister-in-law Sharon Bush who claims: "Bush did coke at Camp David when his father was President, and not just once either."

Other acquaintances allege that as a 26-year-old National Guard, Bush "liked to sneak out back for a joint or into the bathroom for a line of cocaine".

Bush has admitted being an alcoholic but, asked during the 1999 election if he did drugs, he said: "I've told the American people that years ago I made some mistakes.

"I've learned from my mistakes and should I be fortunate enough to become president I will bring dignity and honour to the office."

Later an aide clarified his remarks saying Bush hadn't taken illegal drugs in the past 25 years.

Kelley says that the Bush family covered up scandals because of their wealth and influence. She claims George W started drinking at school and continued at Yale university to overcome shyness.

Former student Torbery George says in the book: "Poor Georgie. He couldn't relate to women unless he was loaded."

Another says: "He went out of his way to act crude. It's amazing someone you held in such low esteem later became president."

His supporters have slammed the allegations as outrageous.

The White House said: "This book appears to be filled with the same trash discredited years ago."

-BILL Clinton has joked he will try to be happy about his heart bypass operation. The ex-president said on his website: "This sure isn't how we planned to spend Labor Day weekend but we're doing our best to enjoy it."

there have been whispers about this forever

Tri may not care, but if this story grows legs and there is somewhat credible evidence. This will raise enough questions to put doubt in the mind of voters, that's all that matters.

My father went to school with W, even had class with him, and always thought that he did. (Sidenote: W's picture in the yearbook is absolutely hysterical. Every other guy is in a suit and tie or the like but W is in a casual button down shirt, buttoned down three buttons or so.)

Regardless, does it matter? I mean, if he were on coke when he signed a law, yes, then it would. Was he? No. So it doesn't matter, at least to me.

there have been whispers about this forever

Tri may not care, but if this story grows legs and there is somewhat credible evidence. This will raise enough questions to put doubt in the mind of voters, that's all that matters.

Just throw whatever mud there is to see what sticks?

and Has, it's NOT coming from the 'Bush' camp.......but they do like it.

I don't care what he did before he was in political office, unless it has some bearing on his abilities (i.e., the fact that after he was supposed to be grown up and responsible he was a lousy businessman and his father's buddies had to bail him out of business venture after business venture has some bearing on his abilities).

I've never tried drugs but if we are going to eliminate everyone who did from consideration for political office, well, people think the pool of candidates is sadly lacking now. Wait 'til you see what you are left with then (besides me, I mean, and I wouldn't run...no way I want that job).

Wait!!!!!!!!

Are you all telling me that *if* this is true, it doesn't matter?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ........ isn't Camp David paid for by U.S. Taxpayer dollars? Wouldn't it be, like, a felony *if* this is true at all?

It would most certainly matter to me.

Letting him off the hook would be just another testament that the priviliged few play by different rules than the rest of us.

And yes, I do doubt the timing of this article.

Wait!!!!!!!!

Are you all telling me that *if* this is true, it doesn't matter?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ........  isn't Camp David paid for by U.S. Taxpayer dollars?  Wouldn't it be, like, a felony *if* this is true at all?

It would most certainly matter to me.

Letting him off the hook would be just another testament that the priviliged few play by different rules than the rest of us.

And yes, I do doubt the timing of this article.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but certain people replying to this thread also do illegal things, such as the wacky tobacky...

I'm not sure what your point is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You were saying how that you hate how Bush and fellow famous people get off the hook. I'll admit to smoking pot, and I get away with it, perhaps because I have a house so I don't have to smoke on the street...

To be honest I don't really believe in what I'm saying, I just enjoy playing devil's advocate.

I'm just saying that if we eliminate every person who once took an illegal drug from the possible pool for public office, well, you are eliminating an awful lot of people. And I've never taken illegal drugs. However, I know people who have taken them in the past and have turned out to be perfectly responsible citizens later.

I just think there are a lot of things I can use to judge whether or not a person should be president. That they took illegal drugs at one time isn't one I'm inclined to use because it is much more common than Americans want to believe. And nobody seems to be bothered by the fact that he was pretty much close to an alcoholic when he was 40...they give him credit for overcoming it. So why are the drugs such an issue???

Funny how the "non-biased" media books this skank for 3 days on the Today Show, yet turns the other way with the Swift Vets.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yah! did they ever turn the other way and ignore the swift vets. I mean they were hardly never mentioned and their small ad they ran in 3 states went by almost unnoticed.... right :unsure:

Edited by Swede

I heard this morning that Sharon Bush has come out and denied telling the coke story to the books author.

-Scott

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course she'd say that. Anything to get out of hot water with the family, right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well you might be right except that she seems to dislike the Bush family in general after her divorce, here is a quote from her today:

"I categorically deny that I ever told Kitty Kelley that George W. Bush used cocaine at Camp David or that I ever saw him use cocaine at Camp David. When Kitty Kelley raised drug use at Camp David, I responded by saying something along the lines of, 'Who would say such a thing?'

"Although there have been tensions between me and various members of the Bush family, I cannot allow this falsehood to go unchallenged."

So sorry your theory looks very unlikely.

-Scott

U know how all the late night people joke about this stuff.. well the other night 2 different statioins.. one was Leno.. the other might have been conan ..not sure.. both joked about it but said Pot not Coke.. i came back here to check cause i thought this thread said coke... isnt it funny that 2 of them messed it up? Ok not that funny.. but odd!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.